Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
BC
City
Newcastle
Hi all, well it’s been years since I’ve been here or even thought about mind/als.

I have fnd which I know my symptoms and they usually subside after rest and few days of symptoms. Actually not had a flare up in years and only consistent was foggy head now and again.

But since march I noticed my left hand grip was going - actually thought nothing of it as did get weakness in left arm with fnd but heavy feeling. Then seemed to get worse - can’t unbutton or fine motor stuff. I have skinny hands away but seen physio who said actually have clinical weakness in full arm. Since march, cramping in arm then spread to right arm - thighs and feet. Cramping can be quiet deliberating. Twitching has increased all throughout body. (Mainly shoulder upper arms thumbs and legs) again I’m fashionable as think could be stressing when idea of weakness.
Tremor has appeared in left thumb when has busy day. Weakness now in both upper arms as if I can’t do normal task, fatigue after few minutes and get a burning ache.

Now thighs are starting to 3 months from on set. Is this normal?

Dr said could be trapped nerve went for mri and came bk clear and prescribed me baclofen for cramping and referee me bk to neuro but it’s months and months wait.

Can’t be fnd as symptoms would subside and new random stuff would appear. Looking at going private for peace of mind.

Hate that I’m back here but can’t understand why…

I don’t believe it is true it can’t be a new presentation of your fnd but glad you are going to check it out. Let us know what the doctor says

Thank you - I’m hoping it’s clinical weakness from injury and new fnd stuff but I wish it would go away and seems to be getting worse week by week. Just need some peace of mind as when fnd settles had another baby so 5 and 1 year old

Whatever it might be, I'd look to your stress, nutrition, and sleep to make sure you have a strong foundation, as herding a one- and five-year-old would be exhausting off the top.

If the baclofen is helping, that's something, but if it's not, it has its own side effects like weakness so I would discuss tapering off.

Had neuro last week and do have clinical weakness but mentioned injury and did reflex’s brisk but within normal limits. Witnessed twitching in arm while there and explained about cramping down arms and now physically can’t do stuff I have been able to do and said sounds like benign fasciculation/cramp syndrome but requesting emg and nerve tests to rule mnd out and other possibilities but seems reassuring so will keep you all posted

Thanks for update. Good luck with emg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back