Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
I guess my Moving Forward thread was locked as it took me too long to get back and post and update. I guess that is good in a way, bad in others. Sometimes I just didn't want to face the thread or ALS.

Anyway, the other night I had a strange dream. We were somewhere and I'm not sure where. I had a young child with me and asked DH who was in bed if he was working with her on her school work. He confirmed he was. Then a bit later I went back to see him and he was standing, by himself. He was wearing all white. I started crying that he was actually standing on his own. Then the dream ended.

I guess I should take from that, that he is now healed, not quite sure. Just a very unusual dream and I think the first of him since his passing. As a past CAL I seem to learn new things all the time.

I hope everyone is well.

Hugs,

Great to see you, Sue! I can unlock your thread if you want it to be, but maybe there is merit to moving in another direction, as you say.

I'm not a dream interpreter, but along with his being healed, it might also signify your awareness that he is still with you, still helping the family, as I am sure is true.

Best,
Laurie

I'd hate to try and interpret some of my dreams!
I say - take from it anything that feels right and own it Sue 💚

Thank you Laurie and Tillie,

Maybe it is time to move on with a thread. No need to unlock the past.

I can't interpret dreams so I will let it be. It was what it was. I just remember the shock I felt as I saw him standing there.

Maybe it all has to do with the fact that DD will soon be getting engaged. I have been asked permission and granted such. I'm like a kid in a candy jar waiting for it to happen for her. He DBF is a wonderful man and I am thrilled for them both.

The new house can't be called new much longer. I will be here a year at the end of Sept. Still many things to upgrade, but that's ok I've got time and if I don't well then they just won't happen.

Life is good for now.

hugs

Great news on her engagement ans that life is good! :- )

I don't think there's great merit in interpreting dreams but maybe the mood spills over into the day and vice versa. When I work too much and it's stressful I dream of work. Very detailed, more like a burned in image of work, not much fantasy insolved. Annoying. So I enjoy if I get to see people I like, especially if they are unexpected and I miss them in my life. Those are good dreams always. It doesn't matter if there gone for good like my PALS or if they're just good friends I rarely see.

Really cool you got to see you husband again, up and well no less!

Thank you Wish. It was good to "see" him again and to know he is indeed healed in heaven (at least I think that's where it was)

I've had more than one strange dream lately.

It seems this is going to be the month of strange dreams connected to Brian. I had another the other night. This time I was somewhere where I had to talk about my experience etc. Quite unsettling. I hope these stop soon.

Hugs

Update, DD is engaged. Her DBF decided to do it during the hurricane. Approx date Sept/Oct 2023. It will be wonderful and bittersweet. I know she is going to miss her dad big time and I will feel that hurt as well. He never got to walk his little girl down the isle. DS/big brother will take on that responsibility.

As to my house, finally my nephew/contractor will be coming tomorrow to get my laundry list. Hopefully by the beginning of Nov, my first floor will have new flooring and the weird wall will be gone. And I'll have a door on the basement steps. I have absolutely no idea why that was ever removed. Makes zero sense. Then I will have him work on adding a shower to the master bath that is currenly just a powder room.

Things will look much better very soon.

Take care everyone and Hugs

Congrats on your DD's engagement! Sounds like some nice improvements to the house are about to begin.
This must all be strange to be doing without your PALS. A day at a time is what we are told and maybe that is pretty good advice.
Thinking of you!

Great to see you Sue and so much lovely news. It is always bittersweet though, it is less raw, but we always know.

Thank you Mary and Tillie.

It will be wonderful but not easy that day.

Yes, getting things done to this new to me home. It really needs the gussying up. Hasn't been done in a very long time. So far I painted the kitchen cabinets and kitchen ceiling and walls. Painted the DR walls and ceiling, I've updated the main bath, mostly.

My nephew will be starting next Monday, he's going to do my flooring and take out the silly L shaped have wall. I will try and post some pictures. There is lots more he will do, but that's a start.

Hugs

Congrats to you and your DD, Sue. Best wishes on the remodeling, hope it goes smoothly for you

Thank you V.

I'm currently on holiday visiting friends. It's been so very relaxing. I am not going to want to return in a few days, although I'm excited about the remodeling.

Wedding plans are starting to get serious. I need to visit the venue they want next Sunday. They can't get there due to living in another state. They did a virtual tour, but I will be their on the ground eyes.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs

Thank you Tillie. I'm definitely going to try.

Back