Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
I am 48 yrs old mother of 2 and filled with worry. I have had a dry mouth for the past two months and feel at times I need to clear my throat. My mouth has a weird feeling. I can move my tongue, as far as I am aware I am not slurring my speech. I have been getting flushing in my face. I asked my ENT he did not seem to be concerned. I am so worried that I have early symptoms. I am to the point I am even afraid to eat!

Nothing about that sounds like ALS or even something neurological. Drink plenty of water and get some mouthwash for dry mouth. If you're 48, the flushing might be hormone related.

If your anxiety is overwhelming, please get some counseling and see your PCP.

Adults can have new onset food allergies, so you might want to consult an allergist or start recording your diet or try stopping something that you didn't use to eat, or anything spicy/seafood/dairy.

You don't need to worry about ALS or anything like it.

Thank you for responding- my throat and tongue just feels so weird on the right side like something catching and it is so dry. So worried I have an appt with my pcp next week.

I feel like something is stuck in the back right side of my throat. My right side of tongue feels so weird. The ER dr said everything looked asymmetrical. I am so worried. I also feel weak on my right arm and when I do stuff I feel like I am shaking. I have an appt next week with my primary. Does any of this sound like ALS?

Hi Honey-

The medical professionals you've seen and the people here all have told you this is not how ALS presents. You make a lot of "feel" statements, but upon clinical examination, no deficits or failures have been detected. You must continue working with your doctor to track down the issue, but posting on an ALS forum or focusing on ALS will not help you further.

Please let us know how your doctor's appointment goes next week. Til then, please try to do something to reduce your anxiety about a condition you do not show signs of having- giving yourself a google time-out for a few days might be a good place to start.

Take care

Back