Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AL
City
Phenix City
I just wanted to say hello. My husband has been told by his doctor and emg doctor
that they highly suspect that he has als. He was diagnosed over 3 years ago as having parsanoge turner syndrome(if i am spelling it right).
It all started when his left arm went numb ( like when your foot goes to sleep)and he couldn't get it to wake up. He also had bad headaches during this left arm numbness.
He had an emg done, mri's, they even sent him to a Cancer center, but in the end they ruled it as Parsanoge Turner syndrome and told him that he would get the use of his left arm in 2 to 3 years. Well he still doesn't have use of his left arm, his legs and hips hurt badly, he is clumbsy, has difficulty swallowing, drueling some at night, can't swallow his own secrections unless he drinks something. He is extremley fatigued, can't wear his boots anymore(says they are too heavy). There are more details but i think you get the gist of it. All of these extra symptoms has come on him in the last 6-8 months.
Except the swallowing its only been about 3 months. We go to Emory in Atlanta, GA.
on the 17th of March and I hope they give us some answers. My husband says he is in a lot of pain and the mornings are hard to get his legs and Hips to start hurting. THe emg doctor thinks he never had Parsonage, he thinks he has had als this whole time.
Al- i have read alot on here and i think all of you are troopers and i hope that i can help my husband be as brave as you all seem to be. My husband is 43 and i am 38 and he stole my heart when i was 17 but we didn't get together until 8 years ago this March 17is our anniversary. i want to learn as much as i can to help him in any way possible.
Thanks for any advice.

what i meant to say was he can't get his legs and hips to stop hurting not start.

Hi Felicia. Welcome but sorry you had to come looking for us. I've heard some good things about Emory so hope you'll get some answers there. If you need any questions just go to the General Discussion and ask away.

AL.

Thanks AL. I have a hard time talking to friends and family about all of this right now, and I know I will have alot of questions.

Is there a support group near you? They can help. Friends and relatives can help but really don't understand what you are going through. www.alsa.org and look at In Your Community to find your state.

AL.

Al
Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back