Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
West Virginia
City
Ravenswood
We are looking to purchase a Used handicap accessible van. The type of wheelchair my husband has is a M300 Permobile.
Thanks, Patty Hood

Hi papaw, I'm glad you're still here after such a long absence. Your husband must be progressing slowly. That's wonderful. If you don't find a van here, I suggest you try looking on Craiglist.com or at the following site and check out "accessible vehicles" http://disableddealer.com/item.asp . You can sort by price or state. I bought my first van there many years ago and had good service from it. Make sure and have a dealer check over any van for you before buying it.

Kelly, who lives in New York, has one for sale I can send you info if interested. I believe the price is around $21,000

Hello! The MS Society has vans for sale as well. We were able to find one for $10,000. Rollex conversion, elec. ramp on the side. Hope you find what will work for you!

We just got our van today. Found it on ebay. Happened to be only 2 hours away so we went and looked at it first. We got a 2006 buick Terriaz with the Braun conversion. Paid 20,000. think we got a good deal. They are expensive, even older ones. We went out tonight for a couple of hours. My hubby rolled right in and out with the push of a button. Sure will save my back and he will be a whole lot more comfy and not be as fatigued. Good luck in finding what is right for you. Pam

Pawpa, lpcarr is right. Ebay is another great resource. If you can afford to be patient, keeping checking all the resources and wait 'til you find a good deal. My first van was a 6 year old Braun fold-out on a low mileage Chrysler Town and Country. I paid $16,000 for it. It served me well for over 100 000 miles and is still working although I bought a new one this year.

Patty if you are still looking there is 2010 Chrysler Town and Country fold-out rampvan (looks like a Braun) with only 7200 miles on it in Wisconsin. It is listed on Disabled Dealer, is a private sale and they are asking only $32,900 for it. Seems like a very good price. Here is a link to it:
http://disableddealer.com/item_view.asp?itemid=118891
In comparison I recently bought a 2012 model of this same van and paid $60,000 for it. I already have over 12,000 miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back