Loved one DX
Country
US
State
TX
City
Sugar Land
Hello all,

I have just submitted a text to speech app for the iPad to the app store. The app is called MiMic and is a free app that will allow people with speech difficulties to communicate easily with family and friends. You can use the built in words or create your own custom screens of words and phrases you often use. For noisy environments like restauarants it can show words and phrases in large text that would be visible across a table. It also has a built in reader that can be used to give speeches or just have it read text out loud.

It also has the capability to play back sounds that are stored on the iPad. This feature could be used to play back pre-recorded voice bank words and phrases. If there is enough interest this could be expanded to also record making speech banking far more simple.

The app works on all models of the iPad. The regular sized iPads, the minis, and the new pro - as long as you are at iOS 8.0 or greater.

If you are using iOS 9.0 or greater the app can use the built in Alex voice which is a very human sounding voice - if you are not already using Alex instructions on how to install Alex are included with the Help file on the last screen of the MiMic app.

You can see and download the app in the appstore by clicking this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mimic-write-outloud/id1055185555

If that does not work - you can search the app store for “MiMic Write OutLoud”.

I wrote the program for a family member that was diagnosed with ALS a year or so back. If you have any ideas that might make the app more useful, please to do not hesitate to contact me and we will see if we can add it to the app.

Thanks!

Kyle McDonald
Addison Software, Inc.
[email protected]

Thank you for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back