12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Cold Brewed Coffee:

Since one side affect I am experiencing is pretty severe acid reflux problems. My breathing has been affected.

I love coffee; unfortunately, this is to be avoided with acid reflux. I was afraid I was going to have to give up coffee altogether...an awful thought for me. Then my son mentioned cold brewed coffee. I had first tried this 40 years ago while I was in college in New Orleans.

76% less acid and less caffeine (the real culprit for acid reflux).
I have some brewing for tomorrow morning...I am hoping that this will be a great solution.

-Jerry

Well;
Call me a coffee snob, but this tastes like instant coffee to me...
It will have to do, I guess.

Okay, Coffee Snob! ;)

Guilty as charged....lol.

The second cup was better. I used less of the coffee syrup. It's passable; I guess<sigh>
I can tell that my stomach likes it more.

Tummy happyness is important! Glad you figured out a solution to your Coffee Jones too!

I am a coffee lover, and okay a coffee snob. I just don't like it cold at all! I have never heard of cold coffee having less acid. I used to have some cream with my coffee as a treat but now that the doctor told me high, fat high calorie diet everyday is a treat. I think the cream has helped with my reflux. I think I will go brew a pot right now.
Linda

Linda:

You can drink it hot which is also my preferance. You just brew it cold. Essentially you soak a predetermined amount of water with coarsely ground coffee for about 12 hours. Then you filter and drain it. This produces a coffee "elixer" that is simply a coffee concentrate that will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks. It is 75% less acidic and has less caffine.

You mix the results in a ratio of approximately 1 to 3 with hot water and cream and sweeten to taste. It's actually very good when you get the ratio the way that fits your taste.

- Jerry

I am supposed to give up my diet coke, too. Not happening. Thankfully my two proposed every day let me keep drinking it. The caffeine migraines are just not something I want to deal with.

My two pleasurable vices are bad for me, but they make me content, so screw it :)

Wow, have I been missing something? I gave up regular coffee, which I dearly love, because I was told that caffeine would create a conflict with my Ritulin. Anything to worry about here ? ?/Frank

I too confess to being a coffee snob! My daughter says it's my "elixir of life" and I'd have to agree. I truly hope ALS doesn't mess with my cast iron stomach! If it does, I'm be messaging you for cold brew advice, Jerry!
Mary

I hate word prediction. My last post was supposed to say PRILOSEC. I swear I'm tossing my iPad out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back