00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
Hi Everyone,

There's been numerous complaints by numerous people about other users. As always, there are people that aren't as they seem, and a very small few that are just not nice, same as in life.

Please do take a minute to write me at [email protected] if there's anyone really acting outrageously. Simple disagreements are just that, and will not be intervened.

I've also noticed an influx of trolls, fakes, etc... it's always been an issue, I'll do my best to close these accounts down, but please report them when you can, they're relatively easy to spot. For instance: ALS/MND Support Group Forums - View Profile: scotttyna

Note, if users annoy you please IGNORE the user, literally, you can IGNORE a specific user, not the sticky here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/sug...19840-do-you-know-there-ignore-user-list.html

Don't want to hear from someone every again? IGNORE them and hopefully rid yourself of most of the frustration. However, knowing that not everyone will know how, or know the option exists, please do take a moment to report them (I'm subscribed and will review more diligently).

More important to anything above, please remember to be kind and helpful, that's the only intent of this site, for support, love, help and kindness. Any other agendas will NOT be tolerated.

Last edited:
Note, I've subscribed to the infractions page... moving forward, when you complain about a post I will review and, apparently, have to act like a schoolyard supervisor and hand out permanent or temporary bans.

This makes me sad, but at the end of the day, people are getting very upset, and rightfully so. I certainly wouldn't want to come on to a site to be helpful and have to put up with sly, off-handed, rude or plain mean comments from strangers. Not to even mention the context and content of this site, and why people join here in the first place.

A big thanks to everyone that took the time to bring this to my attention and my apologies for my awfully slow, foot dragging, response.

Please, be here to help or just leave. Be kind, or don't visit. Be compassionate, or crawl back to your hole.

There's many sites on the internet where you can troll and be vile - no love lost if you leave to those other sites.

I forgot to mention...

Good karma to all those who take the time to point out frauds, fools, trolls and other lesser species :)

For those that are being less than compassionate, mature or friendly, please take a moment, two or three before posting and ask yourself "am I helping someone", or "is this friendly", or "is this written to read well and insightful" ... if not, don't post.

It's very sad that anyone would take the time to be cruel on a website such as this, let alone joins "because it seems like fun" (that person was banned).

Oh humanity, where art thou

I'm slowly making my way through reported posts ... a few warnings sent out for foul language, a few temporary bans issued.

But seriously, I'm shocked at some of things that are written. This is a forum for people affected by a terminal illness, it's disturbing how far off track some conversations get and the foulness to which people write some posts. This IS NOT your personal Facebook page, it's a public support forum, have some self respect and most importantly, respect for others.

Once again, to those upset or affected, I'm very sorry, this should never have gotten as far as it has, and it's not like a bunch of faithful members didn't try very hard to stop this before it snowballed out of control.

Thank you for being patient and not giving up; the vast majority of you are most remarkable. For the others, we won't give up on you. Everyone has a bad day, a frustration, and sometimes, perhaps even dislike someone simply for the "cut of their jib", but enough is enough.

Let's play friendly and get back to being supportive and helpful.

Thanks again for everyone's help, and I mean everyone.

For those that took a short ban or infraction, hopefully it's nothing personal, it isn't with me. Consider yourself a martyr. I'd ban myself for a few days for bad behavior, ignorance, naivety and the fact I didn't listen harder when things were brought to light, but alas, I need to to approve posts :)

Sorry again, and please do write, phone or email when there's an issue.

David, its not a fun job to moderate, but I am glad to see it finally done. It seems that trolls and rude people abound everywhere, and it takes good moderation to keep them at bay. There are lots of good people here who do care!

Thankyou David,i know you are a very busy man and would not have troubled you if it were not so upsetting.
I must apologise for my part but its not within me to shy away and not stand up for my friends and myself when attacked.
I miss Al,richard and alan and so many others,we owe it to them to keep this forum safe from trolls or nasty people .
This morning i was thinking about the divide of older and newer members..........we older ones remember the time al was with us,everyone loved and respected him and we still do.
As for newer members they never knew him,knew his values or show respect for them...........maybe any knew members reading this should look at al's posts over the years,get to know him..........i did,as a knew member i started right back at the very first post to get a feel of the forum and members.
I am very sad at what happened ,its now resolved so onwards and upwards.
Thankyou so much david for this forum and your time.

David, Thank you so much for intervening, we appreciate it. I'll let some of the others who won't come here anymore that that the troll alert is now active again.

And as always, I am so grateful for this site, the information, comfort and friends I have made here... it is a lifeline for me.

Thgank you David for doing this..

Thank you David for taking action and for your instructions on how to handle problems as they arise.

Thank you David. I will listen to your sage advice, and will try to be a better member.

Laurel

Thank you. We are all(almost) guilty of taking jabs occasionally. Hopefully your kind but stern words will resonate with everyone. I would like to apologize to anyone that I have offended, and forgive those who have offended me. HUGS to everyone, and let's go kick some ALS.

I deserved my infraction and will reframe from making such rude comments in the future.

Thank you, David.

Thank you, David, for all you do. And thank you for your financial support of this site over the years. I hope you can find someone to help you soon as moderator.

I used to be more active here. I miss those who have been mentioned here: Al, Joel, richard, trfogey, BethU, MtPockets, and many others.

God bless,
-Tom

Thank you so much David.
And Tom you have been missed. Lovely to see you posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back