sdsyd

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
sd
City
piedmont
Hi guys. Just wanted to share andother proud momma moment. My 15 y.o. son tried out and made it into the variety show by playing "knockin on Heaven's Door" with my acoustic and sang it Bob Dylan style. There was only one other solo performer ( a pianist) and all others were groups in the 2 hour show.

This is special because since I have lost the ability to play my acoustic, he has really taken to it vs. playing solely his electric. We have had many jam sessions over the years, but this Summer it was he and I on our back deck alot with me showing him different strumming techniques and finger picking styles with the roles reversed...me on the electric and he on the acoustic, as I can no longer grasp the neck or compress the strings for chords on the acoustic. I can't really play the electric anymore, but am so glad I could this Summer.

Anyhow- this "dude" is sooooooo incredibly ZEN. Just the stage- spotlight, MY Taylor Big Baby Acoustic and his voice.... it is a moment I hope to trap forever in my mind.

Love,
Cindy

WOW thanks for sharing. I think that making memories is a huge part of what life is all about.

Cindy,

Thanks for sharing the music! Great post!

Z

cindy-
Isn't it great to see our kids making us so proud!
way to go mom!
brenda

Must have been a sight to see, Cindy. Tell your budding star that we are proud, too! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back