Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
We are back from our extended vacation. This trip was harder than the previous trips, but still very enjoyable. Camping is certainly more of a challenge! My two sisters joined me and my wife on the trip.

We had a bit of car trouble on the way home, but more of a distraction than anything significant. I believe the root cause was some bad gas we got along the way. Fortunately, I had an OBD II code reader and was able to pull the codes when the check engine light came on.

We spent 6 nights in Yellowstone and 4 nights at the Grand Canyon. I can confidently say that we did not spend nearly enough time in either place!

As I posted earlier, my wheelchair charger died before the trip and I took a loaner on the trip. Unfortunately, that loaner died shortly into the trip. I was down 2 days while NuMotion overnighted another loaner to me. I really appreciated their efforts to get me back to rolling along!

I was able to have a few wheelchair adventures, and will provide details in a subsequent post in this thread. Suffice it to say, I needed assistance more than once:)

We saw wonderful scenery and abundant wildlife given the time of year. The sunsets at the Grand Canyon were wonderful!

I have not yet started processing pictures, but will post a few once I have been through them.

For now, I am recovering from the trip and starting to think about the next trip on the schedule, which is to Grand Junction, CO to visit friends.

Steve

Steve it sounds awesome! I'm so glad you spent time with your sisters.
I'm very much looking forward to pics!
God bless, Janelle x

Wonderful travels StEve. We loved both places. And I believe you are right, no matter how long you have at either p,ace itwont be long enough. I couldn't do a.lot with pics on our computer since I only had a week between our return and the remodel starting. But I did use an eye fi card so.a bunch of pics are on Steve's tablet. Its just very hard to get it from him:)

>For now, I am recovering from the trip and starting to think about the next trip on the schedule, which is to Grand Junction, CO to visit friends.

don't forget to peek across to our Front Range :)

Trips are awesome. We are heading to Pittsburgh in a couple weeks for a wedding. Steve is planning all the things he wants to do. Its good because he chooses things he is interested in, although Julien says we need to ride a funicular.

About Yellowstone, I could have spent hours watching the basins, paint pots, animals etc. We only had 2 days. I found it an incredbly diverse and amazing place. I got to hike a few trails with my nephew thanks to my brother in law, and we saw some neat things. I did get to see bighorn sheep which was on my wish list. :). They were about 3 miles North of mammoth terrace visitior center.

About Yellowstone, I could have spent hours watching the basins, paint pots, animals etc. We only had 2 days.

I can certainly relate. I have spent countless hours watching various thermal features over the years. They are ever-changing and I find them to be absolutely fascinating. Contemplating the unique geological and weather events necessary for their existence keeps me equally entertained!

I never tire of Yellowstone. We have a 2-week trip planned for fall, and are in the process of extending it to 3 weeks. I don't know how I will manage to handle a trip that long, but the lure of Yellowstone is strong.

In the meantime, I am still recovering from our last trip.

Steve

>

don't forget to peek across to our Front Range :)

At the start of the trip I picked up my sisters at DIA (Denver International Airport). We drove home through Rocky Mountain National Park. It was as beautiful as ever!

We just returned from DIA, where we dropped them off for their flights back to Texas. They were sorry to leave and we were sorry to see them go. We took the direct route home this time, up I70. It is a beautiful drive, but nothing like Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. The sunset was amazing tonight.

Steve

For now, I am recovering from the trip and starting to think about the next trip on the schedule, which is to Grand Junction, CO to visit friends.

Steve[/QUOTE]

We will drive out to Grand Junction in September for hubby's second annual wheelchair accessible hunting trip with a childhood friend. They used to hunt in the mountains, but last year his buddy found a farmer who allowed them to hunt one of his fields. Personally, I'm looking forward to exploring Grand Junction once I hand him off :) This reminds me--I need to finalize arrangments for a hospital bed in the hotel room!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back