Reason
Friend was DX
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
North Bay
Sorry about the delay between posts; been settling down after having a transfer at work go through. Eryk is doing well; he was very happy to hear that I'd be only less than a stone's throw away. The basketball game was a rousing success as well...Tara had one of the best games of her young career; 12 points, 4 boards, 5 steals and 14 assists. This from an almost 16 year old playing (and starting) on a team largely composed of 17 and 18 year olds. I've seen a lot of good basketball players, but this girl has a future in it. Already getting visits from University coaches and is not even a HS senior yet; she's a very smart, gifted athlete and afterwards Eryk wouldn't stop crowing about her. The smiles on both their faces was worth all the stuff we had to do just to pull the evening off. We were all on such a high afterwards that coming down was the hardest part...heck, we were all pretty beat and Eryk himself was right exhausted. It's a half hour car ride each way and he was sleeping soundly before we even got home. :)

And the party...what a great night it's going to be! A little over the top, but hey you only turn 16 once right? :lol: Eryk being the sly one he is has been all over keeping his little sis out of the loop, as a great big brother should. :lol: So far, her friends have kept their vow of silence (and not for a lack of trying on Tara's part!) and we've even managed to convince said big brother to don a suit...something that he absolutely, unequivocally and decidedly has always HATED ;-) Thanks to the internet, he's been able to help with the planning - always HAS been the meticulous sort; good with details and has been the one booking venues and services...something that this fly-by the seat of my pants brain is NOT as good at! It's nice to see him happy and living in the moment; glad that it's shown his folks that his mind is as clear as it's ever been; even though ALS has taken his ability to talk, their quick witted, sharp tongued son still exists and he has a LOT to say and contribute still. I'll let you all know (or better yet, Eryk himself will!) just how it all goes down...predicting it's going to be a blast!

The more I've had time lately to sit and think, the more I begin to believe that there is some *reason* all of this is happening like it is. I mean, sure I was raised around going to church and all but lately things had lapsed and while I still believed in God's existance, trusting Him was another matter entirely. For however long it may be, there is a reason Eryk and I have been brought back together. With the good times, the deep conversations and a rebuilding love - perhaps in the end it had nothing to do with either of us. Maybe, it had everything to do with God guiding the hand of fate to make it so. Who am I to question it, or not be thankful for the chance at all?

Well, it's getting a little late for me here and work starts early tomorrow. Be well, live for the moment and continue to find happiness in the little, everyday things that truly make life special. :)

Penny

Penny, I went back and reread all of your past posts so that I could understand this post! Welcome to our forum family :] I am assuming that you were able to have your job transfer you closer to Eryk. Yeahhh! It is so funtastic that you are back in his life and filling the moments with joyful memories!

The Sweet Sixteen sounds like it will be full of heart memories for all concerned. Did Eryk ever figure out what he was doing for her gift? I have 2 suggestions; a elegant and timeless necklace with a pendant-maybe a little heart locket that has a photo of each of them-something that she will always have that she can wear close to her heart. Not something that she will truly appreciate now but will treasure in the years ahead. The other is a frame that will hold a high quality photo of the 2 of them.

I agree with you that the Universe always unfolds just as it should :] There is always a plan for each and every one of us. I often refer to it as a Cosmic LIFE Lesson that we are given the opportunity to experience! I always remember the Sparrow and I am comforted. :]
Hope you have a great day at work today.

Thank you for sharing! Glad Eryk was able to get to the game! Hopefully this will be the start of other exciting outings for him and will uplift his sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back