Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
Last night at our church's monthly wholeness and healing service, I received my prayer quilt. It is beautiful, and filled with knots made by praying members of the congregation. It was a small, intimate service and after the quilt was blessed, we gave each other communion.

I'm becoming weaker every day, and I'm leaning on my faith in Him more and more. I'm so thankful for my church community and my family and friends. This is a difficult journey, and I don't know how people get through it without knowing that He will be there for us always!

That is wonderful. I was given a prayer quilt last summer made by a friend. I started to stabilize shortly thereafter ( also started riluzole at that time). I hope you receive many blessings from that quilt and from your friends

I never heard of a prayer quilt. But, I love the idea.

Both my daughters and I received one after my Joe's death from my church. Wrapped around my shoulders, it is a reminder that others care and know he is with God, free.

Audrey, I was touched to read how you are leaning more on Him as you are growing weaker. Wonderful that you have a supportive church and family, friends. There are blessings in our sufferings. Everything you write I could write, too! I haven't received a prayer quilt, but someone is knitting me a prayer shawl, and praying for me with every stitch she makes. When I'm really struggling with pain and grief, crying out to God from the depths, He answers by sending people my way to pray with me, and by giving me peace. The love and support of others toward us, is His love ultimately...He loves us deeply, and He'll look after us as we trust Him in this darkest of trials. I am grateful for the fellow Christians on this forum.

I just wanted to let all my beloved sisters and brothers in the Lord who have been given this course to run know that you have a brother who is praying for you. An especially warm greeting to our relative newcomers Charlene and Audrey. It's great to see you posting in this section. I can testify that our Lord's assurance, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.", is as true for present day disciples as it was for Paul. I watched Him manifest His magnificent power, joy, and peace in my dear Annie as she ran the race He appointed to her. He is with us, and by His own promise "will never leave us nor forsake us." Let us all live our lives to bring glory to His great and wonderful Name, Jesus Christ our Savior and King! Let us all resolve to live our lives such that we can confidently echo Paul: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing."

I will continue to pray that He overflow you all with living rivers of His grace, peace, joy, courage, and comfort.

You are greatly loved.
Phil

Charlene and Phil, thank you very much for your encouraging words. I hope and pray that He will give me all I need to go through this process with grace. I want people to be able to see and feel my faith in Him as I live my ever changing life. I know it won't be easy, but I pray it will be possible! God is good...all the time...even now! I hope that I can continue to live reflecting these words.

Comforting postings indeed! Thanks to all here.

Heavenly Father,
I come to you in our Lord and Savior's name with a petition of blessings, strength, and comfort over all who read this thread. Give them your peace that only comes from you.....a peace so strong it is beyond our understanding. When we accepted Jesus as our Lord, we were given eternity with you. Thank you for your grace each day and thank you for the agape love you have given us. Help us to remember that you are always with us no matter what we face.
In Jesus name
Amen

Thanks Kim.
Love Gem

Thank you very much Kim. Peace is what I know will get me through this journey!

Phil, thank you for staying on this forum, even though you lost your beloved Annie some time ago. Your words touched me deeply. I too want to run the race appointed to me, my eyes fixed on Jesus, trusting in His love. It is reassuring to know from your own experience that His grace was sufficient for Annie, as it is for all of us here who walk with Jesus. Phil, you inspired me with new courage to face the future.

Phil, I second that! Thank you for being here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back