Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Why? Because I can no longer kneel for prayers in church. I can get down and back up but the strain on my weak leg to stay there is too much. I am sure God understands, I know the priest does and if any parishioners do not then I am sorry for them. But it a bitter pill especially as the elderly man with a cane who sat right in front of me managed just fine.
I know it is a small thing and it is just the beginning of much bigger things but it is my first real " I just can't" no matter how hard I try

>I know it is a small thing and it is just the beginning of much bigger things but it is my first real " I just can't" no matter how hard I try

Just remember to conserve energy ...

Nikki, the next time you go to church. Think of me and I will be kneeling for you. So sad..... Everyday is a new challenge or new failure. The good Lord knows that you would kneel if you could. Sending you hugs.

Debbie

Nikki,

The first loss is always the bitterest. I am so sorry for you but I am sure God does not mind in the least. He doesn't care where you are so long as you believe and have faith.

You go ahead and cry....not the first nor will it be the last. Just remember we are here for you and love you. We will listen and commiserate with you. Be at peace and may God bless you now and always.

Thank you for coming to my pity party.
Debbie Thank you I always think of you and joe and the other pals and cals at church.
Vicki you are very wise thank you.
Thank you too Max. I think I am generally good and pacing activity but there is no way to break up church into small segments!

God knows what is in your heart and that is all that matters to Him.

Sending you a hug Nikki! We are all hear to listen and we care. Kim

"You are not obliged to put on evening clothes to meet God." ~Austin O'Malley

Nor are you obliged to kneel to speak with him. ~Dusty

Thank you all. I do not think God minds. In fact sitting instead of kneeling is more humbling.....perhaps I should view this as a lesson sent to teach me? Although living in a FALS family I am tired of life lessons! I appreciate the kind words. Your support means everything to me!

Sorry, Nikki. Like others have said, we are all here for you. It's great for you to express what you're going through. You are an amazing lady! Yasmin.

Thanks Yasmin!

Although I don't post often, my thoughts are with you Nikki, stay strong, Anne xx

I haven't knelt since January. My sons have to bless me with holy water entering and leaving. I can no longer make The Sign of The Cross. It is sad, but I know God understands. :)

Keep praying and keep The Faith

>I haven't knelt since January. My sons have to bless me with holy water entering and leaving. I can no longer make The Sign of The Cross. It is sad, but I know God understands.

you've been quiet for a while, Rob -- you still in the US or back in the Emirates?

Best regards,

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back