Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Bolton
This is not a rant nor a rave, just a reflection on what has been happening on the forum of late. I was not sure where else to post it.

I joined this forum late in 2008, not looking for 'hope' because I knew there was none (not in a sense of a miracle happening or a cure being found over night) but to connect with others I hoped would understand. If there was a hope it was that it is possible to have a degree of meaningful existence with ALS.

Forum members I remember most are the ones who were the most active during that time, or have jointed around the same time - I guess we were exploring similar issues as we were all at the start of our journeys.

Except for a very very few, all those members have now passed away...I am finding it so hard to accept such relentlessness of loss. I dread the day my name will be associated with In Memoriam or Former CALs section, and I know it is coming...

RIP all dear people I have met on here. And stay strong all PALs and CALs.

Dani

I know all too well what you mean have gotten close to three people face to face who's Pals are now at peace and when I look at people I have shared thoughts and ideas with on here and lost the list seems to be getting longer. What else can we do but keep fighting the fight. Thinking of you Dani as you pause in reflection. xx Ang

I was thinking the same thing as I came upon your post. The sense of loss I feel is just overwhelming. The deaths of so many wonderful people breaks my heart. My thoughts are with you that are still putting up the good fight.

I too share the senselessness of so many strong advocators leaving us.
Breaks my heart.

This is exactly why so many on this forum are here. To lend each other strength, and a shoulder to cry on in our time of need.

Stay strong, I love you guys.

Casey

Agree with you Dani. It is just so very, very sad.

Dani, I understand just what you are saying, each death hurts just a little more.

What little bit of my heart is left has been stomped on again by the monster that has taken so many. Stay strong, all of you.

Hugs to you Dani, it is hard! Take care dear friends, sad time now :(

So so sad to lose yet more of our friends here, yet I am grateful that this forum brought them into my life... and we need to stay here and continue their legacy, for the ones who are still going to come here...

Well said, Dani.

Dani,

I can relate, having joined in the same year. I could rattle off a list of names of those who have passed in the last 4 years and they were all such pleasant company.

The loss of so many in such a short time is frightening.

When I first joined in 2010, I never even saw the Memorial thread. I was here to find people to talk with. So of course, I was met by our sweet Ann. She showed me how to get my feet wet. Well, I splashed in the puddles, rarely going past the edge of the water. It wasn't until about a year or so ago, did I wade deeper. I still started at Tea but started wandering past the waters edge. Now, unfortunately, I find myself gravitating, with feet first in the deep end, to the Memorial page. Tea, sadly is the last place I go. But I now get by with a lot of help from my friends. Its good to know my friends can lift my spirits.

Sad is definitely the write word. Very sad.

I'm with Dorothy - feeling like the rug has been pulled from under our precious forum. i didn't get to know ann well because she pssed not long after i joined but to see ricrard, al and allen go is just heart-breaking. you lean on what you think in your mind is a rock and it turns out to be papier mache. we all know we're going but these constannt slaps in the face are a little much. maybe like celebrity death and airplane crashes, they come in 3s and we're through for a while.

crushingly sad and very sobering. people i thought were almost invincible. also helps me appreciate more how much they gave here helping others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back