Diagnosis
02/2011
Country
US
State
CA
City
Roseville
Just a little rant. We started the summer with emails from retirement and SDI that all was in order and we were good to go. Husband sent a courtesy email on Monday to retirement and it is a good thing we did. They are still waiting on information from his employer. So, wanting to make sure that there would be some income in September, he decided to call SDI to make sure all was well there. They had no record of his paperwork. ARGH! Really?!?!? We submitted everything and had confirmation emails that all was in order.

So, now we wait. In limbo. I am trying to be calm because really there is nothing I can do about it. The biggest hiccup will be child care for the kids once they start school. Fortunately, my Dad will help in the morning.....but frankly I just did not want this stress.

Brian is getting weaker. And it sucks. And I feel like I am failing him. I tell him I love him and try to keep things normal and in order, but everything feels different. Today is a hard day.:evil:

Hi Meg! Have you contacted your local ALSA? They have ways to expidite the process.

Oh Meg, I just hope for your sake that it's one arm that doesn't know what the other one is doing, and everything is progressing with the disability (and that the ALS is NOT progressing).

And how is it that you feel that YOU are failing Brian? Just doing the everyday stuff, and taking care of him probably means much more to him than you'll ever know. I know how aggravating it must be for my family to help me out with all the little things that are difficult for me to do... and I appreciate them so much for their help (except when my daughter rolls her eyes at me of course!).

Sending hugs to you on this downer of a day.

(((BIG HUGS)))..

You are doing the best you can and that is all that is needed. It will all work out. Hope is what we cling to. You are an amazing caretaker, wife, mother and friend! We LOVE you and are praying for you, hang in there! We are here for you.

More (((HUGS)))

Hey Meg! You are doing all you can do, and I am sure you are not failing your husband. I know that feeling though. Here's you a HUG for being you!

Go in person to the Social Security office and talk to a supervisor. They were lagging on ours, and the supervisor got it done QUICK! I know the office in Sac is so crowded, take a nice drive, and go to Placerville!

Meg, Your doing great. Contact ALSA, they will help you and even go with you to the SS office if needed.
This is stressful but keep your chin up. Some thing take time to get ironed out.

You are not failing him! Quite the opposite my dear! The distress you are feeling is proof of the passion you feel and the heart and soul you are putting into his care and your relationship.

Hugs!

I agree. Go in person to the nearest SSA office and hand-deliver the paperwork and get receipts for all of it being there. THey are famous for losing things.

If the ALSA can't help in a timely manner--you'll have to do it yourself--and speak to a supervisor. Nice is great--but it just doesn't always cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back