Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
My SIL sent a Thanksgiving card to my husband. She was sorry we were not able to join them for Thanksgiving once again!:?

She also sent him a birthday card. "Just remember there are a lot things worse in life and be thankful you have made it this far." WTH? :shock:

She needs a wake up call! Sorry she is so insensitive.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.

Your SIL is a real twit!

I agree, she is a dingwit...is that a word?...lol Noone knows how someone feels if they don't walk in their shoes. Even us caregivers don't know all nor feel how our pals feel.

This disease seems to bring out the best and the worst in people. The primary caregiver tends to react like a mother bear protecting her cub. At least that is what I felt as a caregiver... The Pals becomes so close to the caregiver that he/she justifies the absence of other family or friends in life and hurts inside for the caregiver who is sticking by thru "sickness and in health". At least that is what I feel as a PALS.

As far as those like your SIL and my son -- let's hope they don't ever regret their thoughtless remarks or actions. Not likely. :)

As far as out of control family- my inlaws who live just down the street did give us a call on Thanksgiving but we were not invited. Oh well. Either we are going to feel bitter till Christmas (when we will not get invited again) or let it go. If they want to be dysfunctional then I just have to allow them that luxury.

If they want to be dysfunctional then I just have to allow them that luxury.
What a great line. Dear CJ, I hoped but doubted that something like this was not the reason for "the hydrangea".

I don't mean this to be mean. But I mean it. I hope that unless they change their ways, they DO regret it. I hope they live long enough to regret it and to repent of their treatment... here on earth, because it would be the best thing they could do. Change.

LOL Ann! Just send me the whole bush! Maybe I can hide in it!

Happy Holidays! :roll:

CJ, I would send nothing but the whole bush... white, pink or blue? LOL. Remember, you are loved here, big time. XOXO

It is truly amazing how ignorant some people are and even more amazing that they are proud to hold on to their ignorance. I have had people tell me that I need to be thankful for this or for that and also had people ask me how i am doing and then go into a half hour journey into how many things are wrong with them, things like, I have such and ache here or there, or how they are getting forgetful, or a good one the other day, on Thanksgiving, about how it was too bad I couldn't eat but they were losing their sense of smell. i just try to smile and shake my head, thankful that i don't have to say anything, because I cannot speak! lol,

She only has lumpy coal and sticks to look forward to in her Christmas stocking!

PZ, it is good to read your humorous comments. Lumpy coal and briers, LOL.

Some people just lack the most simple common sense!

I really think we need a national holiday where we can just tell everyone what we think of them with no consequence. Whether it be family, friends, patients, complete strangers... no holding back. I like to daydream about that day sometimes.

Dear Brooksea,
I recommend a trip to OZ for your SIL,maybe she find a heart there.
blessings,Pat

Wish me luck! We're having Christmas at our house! She'll freak when I tell her to be here at 1PM. They usually wait til 8PM and she never arrives til at least an hour later. Her SUV will be filled with gifts from garage sales or from the far recesses of her closet (that date back to the 70's)! Just boxes of "gifts" to open just for the sake of opening them. I'm talking a MOUNTAIN of gifts that will surround the tree! Really a waste of time and energy, not to mention the clean up of wrapping paper. Whatever happened to family fellowship and the real meaning of Christmas?

She will have to realize we will have an early celebration, as my husband can't take all that activity during the evening. Guess I'll be stomping my foot again and telling it like it is! LOL

She can take her guilt trip bull and put it somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back