Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton
City
Way Down South
I know that the government is a tangle of red tape, but how much more do they need! We have filled out every document - some twice. I have records from two neurologists - multiple visits. There is no gray area. My husband has ALS. He is declining RAPIDLY. Every time I call my PVA service officer, there is something else that they need. Thank heavens we have private insurance and can go to the doctor right now. What happens when that is gone! How will we get the monitoring and equipment we need? I am so frustrated! ! ! I don't know what else to do to speed up the process! Why can't they tell me what they need all at once rather than add something new each week? Arghhhh I am so thankful that the VA is a resource for us. We would be medically and financially destroyed without it, but my husband served his country. We are not looking for a handout. That is how, I feel, we are being treated. These were EARNED and EARNED hard benefits.

Missy, I am sending you a pm. hugs

Missy -
We went through that with Dad. I was soooo angry at them and as it turned out, his "advocate" was primarily to blame for being LESS than responsive. Finally, we got him an advocate that was worth their weight. THANK GOODNESS. It's hard getting in the door there and you certainly do have to jump through ALOT of hoops and over ALOT of red tape, but once you get in... they're VERY responive and will give you tremendous financial resources.

Good luck to you, and if I can be of any assistance please don't heistate to ask.

Jennifer

Maybe Jeff (Zen Archer) can give you some advice. He seems to have navigated the system pretty well.

I've been in contact with someone. Expect a phone call.

Wonderful to have Jeff on our side.
I am so sorry for you, dear Missy. Have had all these complications and it really "does in" the mind. These bureaucrats become MONSTERS. Anyoen would think they were paying out of their own pocket

Jeff, you really are the man. I just wish you were my PVA service officer! Somehow, you calm me. I don't know why, but knowing you are out there just does. Thank you.

If you haven't got a phone call by mid week let me know and we'll see if we can't get in touch with one of the PVA big dogs.

No phone call. Should I bypass my PVA service officer in Memphis and call the PVA office in Nashville? The amazing thing to me is that SSDI, Long Term Care and Short Term disability claims have all been approved - and I filed them AFTER the VA claim. All of our doctors verified that they sent the records to the PVA on the VA claim FIRST, then the other submitted the records for the other claims .

Sent you a pm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back