Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
William Wallace: Lower your flags and march straight back to England, stopping at every home to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft, rape, and murder. Do this and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

Sorry! Just a little peeved! Why do my in-laws no get it? Going to my Mom's tomorrow with a special ham for Thanksgiving that my husband had me help him with. Haven't been to Mom's for years on Thanksgiving because we ALWAYS went to his sister's house! He's too tired to travel any more and she lives in FLA. She has the nerve to leave a msg that he could at LEAST come by her father's house and see her children (grown -never call), as they will just be here tomorrow night and leave early in the AM!

My husband is dealing with enough! I suggest she march straight back to Florida and beg for forgiveness!

Happy Thanksgiving! :smile:

CJ, that is one message that you can say "Oops, sorry I missed your message. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving cause we did!"

Have a good day at your Mom's

Oops! Good one! Thanks Barry!

Really wanted to do more WW quotes, but I'm done for the night and preparing for tomorrow! OK one more:

William Wallace: They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!

How about this one?

William Wallace: Every man dies, not every man really lives.

How about this one?

William Wallace: Every man dies, not every man really lives.

I love THAT quote!

And I agree with Barry..."so sorry I didn't get that message! And how was YOUR Thanksgiving?" Do what takes care of your husband and you. Anyone who doesn't get it...dont' waste your energy:!:

Happy Thanksgiving!

i agree, why waste time beating a dead horse...do what you to want to do that is enjoyable for both of you :)

CJ, send me the GPS to her Florida house and the MONKEYS are on their way!

CJ, Hey, I'm a newbe diagnosed. My wife and I have also had our share of family emo. You did the right thing! Yesterday, we just couldn't do tradition so my wife and I went to Ryan's (cafeteria-restuarant). Food was so-so, but she was beautiful and gracious. Best TGiving ever. Every day counts. BTW, is there any ham left? I'm jewish, but HE understands.

-JK

CJ, I think sometimes people don't get it because a) of course, they are utterly clueless and ignorant about ALS and b) we all don't complain enough! If we did, they'd go running, of course. But most of us try to act as normal and pleasant as we can around others, and so clueless folks figure "(whew) they're not really sick at all" and put our conditions out of their minds.

I have only a couple friends who have the sense to ask, "Am I tiring you out?" and to whom I can say, "Yes, I'm dead on my feet," and they don't take offense.

I think a lot of people go "well they don't look sick, must be all in their imagination". They don't want to deal with it so they pretend it isn't happening. Don't pay any attention to them. They are not worth the bother. Life is too short to worry about what they want. Just do what makes you happy. They are the ones who will be sorry later, not you.
Colleen

Apparently life is not meant to be easy as we are finding! BUT some people seem to just make it more difficult than it need be!.
We dont celebrate Thanksgiving here in the Land of Aus, however, I suggest DONT LET THE TURKEYS GET YOU DOWN!
Take care guys, Anastasia.

lololol GREAT ONE Anastasia!

Wallace: Before we let you leave, your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse.

We went by for about 15 minutes to see his Dad and the SIL. Her wonderful children and oh so pompous husband were not there yet and she did try to persuade my husband to stay and wanted our son to spend the night (Whole nother story! lol) But I held my ground, as did my husband. He was totally exhausted.

It was hubby's birthday and the next day she came by with a half eaten birthday cake for him, "since everyone that was there wanted some cake! HAHAHA! Nice try! LOL LOL I feel so guilty! NOT!:wink:

You have got to be kidding! A half-eaten birthday cake?

It is beyond words.

Seriously! A half-eaten birthday cake?! you have got to just laugh-that is so pathetic, it doesn't even warrant any type of response!
Go enjoy your husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back