CALS
Country
US
State
Arizona
City
Glendale
Hi I am new to this thread.
My grandmother was diagnosed w/ALS a couple years ago. Back in February I moved in w/her because she was getting to the point where she couldn’t live alone. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I feel really alone & don’t have anyone to turn to for support. So I was hoping to find people to help me. This is new to me & my friends. They don’t know how to support me the way I need to. They suggested that I try getting help from others who are experiencing what I am going through.
So here I am. I just wanted to introduce myself….Krystle :smile:

Welcome Krystle,

You have come to the right place for support and understanding. It sounds like your grandmother is very lucky to have you. My mom was diagnosed early this year and I have found this forum the best place for help. I hope you make friends as fast as I did here and find the help you need. If I can help you in any way, please let me know.

Dana

Welcome Krystle, we are here for one thing; to support each other. That support can take the form of sharing advice, talking about how to cope, and sometimes just sharing a laugh. I cannot tell you how many great people I have met on this forum and I know that you will too. If you have any questions we will do our best to help you, just ask.

Welcome to the site Krystle.

What they said , and then some. All you need to do is ask.

Glen

Welcome Krystle sorry about your grandma. You have definitely come to the right place for support. Ask away!

::::waves to Krystle::::

Hi Krystle, I am so sorry about your Grandma but you have come to the right place. I spent hours searching through old threads learning from the PALS and CALS on this forum. The people here are very supportive and helpful. Feel free to ask questions or share. We will likely learn a thing or two from you as well.

Again, welcome.
Dana (another Dana there are 3 of us I think)

Hi Krystle, welcome to the forum!

I am so sorry about your Grandma's diagnosis. I think it is so nice of you to move in with her and take care of her. I was very close to my Grandma too. Aren't they just the best? I hope you find the support you are looking for here on the forum. You might want to contact the ALS Association in Arizona as well. I believe they organize face-to-face meetings and support groups which might be helpful too.

You are not alone.

Hi Krystle,

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, it's great that you could move in to help her.

Hello Krystle , you'll find this forum helpful , we support and embrace each other where we can . Well done honey x
Hi Tfisher :)

Hi, Krystle. Welcome. I am my Mom's caregiver. Ask away here. There is a wealth of information in everyone here as we are all going through it too.
Laura

Hi Krystle,

I am going thru the same thing but it is with my 39 year old son. I live in SC and he is in W.Va he has the very progressive type and he has a son who will be 2 in Dec and a daughter who will be 11 in Oct. He has a wife and two step-children as well. I have a daughter who lives about 25 miles from him and she has a son sho is 8. My son's wife and my daughter work at the same place. I have not been able to talk to my son much about his illness. He is as devastated as I am, I am going to Dr. on Friday to get some meds to help me sleep - I am only sleeping 3-4 hrs a night - not eating - no energy. My son came to the town I live in with his family and never came by or called me and I was really hurt do you thing this is because of the pain he knows I am going thru and he is rejecting seeing me because I have written to him and told him how I felt. I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and they told him he has had it for over a year - he will have a trach within 3 months they told him and now his speech is so slurred that I can understand him when he talks. What do you recommend. I have been doing private home health care for 20 yrs and when it comes to working with him what do I need to expect? All replies will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back