Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
AU
State
Western Australia
City
Perth
Does anyone have any tips on how to go about looking for a carer for about 40 hours a week in Perth, Western Australia.

Hello Kitchener.hello from down south from you! My husband and I have a carer come in twice per week. Although it is for only 3 hours each time, the carer was funded from our state MS society. ( WA)
They supply careers fully trained in looking after those who have neurological diseases.maybe they can advise you?

Sorry I meant to say carers instead of careers, it's late!!

thanks we get help from MSWa which is great but I am now so stuffed I need care full time and having difficulty finding it

kitchener are you looking to privately pay someone full time or for funding for someone full time?

I intend to employ someone privately if I can find the right person

I would start by drawing up a detailed position description with essential and desirable criteria. The essential needs to be essential as this will be the main way you cull the applications to a short list.

You may then need help to figure the correct award to be paying them under, and remember you will have to pay super as well. You will need to understand how to run a payroll.

This will give you the 2 huge things you need to be able to start offering a full time job to a person, and know exactly what you are asking for.

Are you thinking of putting it on somewhere like seek?

I circulated my needs and future needs by word-of-mouth. I found a great person for $12 an hour who will cook, light cleaning, laundry, and learn all my equipment (if I ever learn it myself.) She will drive and run errands.

I interviewed her and she brought a resume. It was a great find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back