Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
I saw Annie's post in regard to Facebook and I just today sent a question to the administrators on our forum about the notations at the bottom of my posts that show a thumbs up sign and "Like" linkages to facebook.

I do not want my posts repeated on facebook without my permission.

Does anyone understand this "feature" ?

I would like to add my name to that list. I dump my heart out and do not need some stranger's FB friends to know all that goes on. I'm quite disappointed that this was not made clear earlier

I do agree that regardless of the fact that anyone can come on here and read what we write or heck google a subject and find a link o our posts I would prefer not to have our posts be able to be linked directly to FB.

David did tell me once why we have the link to F/B but the reason escapes me at this time. FTD or it's not that big of a deal to me, I'm not sure why but I can't remember. One thing I do know is that if you DON'T click the like button, you won't be involved with them. I try to stay away from apps. like that just so you don't get spam up the wazoo.

AL.

do you know why all posts I seem to make say that 11 people have Liked it?

11 people must have clicked on a post or posts you made. I don't see anything F/B related to your post above.

al.

You jinxed me. It says 11 people like my post.

AL.

Mine says that too when I post on something

LOL.. that's awesome. *giggle*

OK so now it's gone. Strange.

AL.

Often when I post as soon as I post it will say "x" amount of people like my post. This happens immediately after I post. Often it will show the names of some of the people that I am friends with here that I am also connected with on FB.

It just happaned again, as soon as I posted it said Ruth Nyberg, Judy Gettman and 9 others like this...However there is no way that they had time to "like" it.

I just left this message on "David's" personal page:

Hi David:

Would you be willing to identify yourself as to background and let the members understand the ownership of the forum and its financial supporters?

I believe this would alleviate the concerns that have been recently expressed about how the forum is managed and its goals and objectives.

Thanks.

Yes;

Immediately upon posting, I get the same deal at the bottom of my message: "11 people like this. Be the first of your friends"

Is there some kind of auto-link? I have stripped all my pictures and personal information from my user profile. I don't want my facebook friends to suddenly realize that I have ALS. This type of conversation is one that I have had in person with those that I want to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back