09/2010
Country
US
State
ME
City
central
Hi all--
The holiday season is here, and when a friend mentioned that in lieu of Christmas presents she was going to make a donation to ALS research, I realized that if someone asked me "What ALS organization should I donate to?" I would have no idea. But I bet some of you do!
What ALS charities would be best to support in your opinion, and why?

Thanks!
Sue

ALS GUARDIAN ANGELS.....helping families in the trenches. One man started this organization and has done more for ALS families then any other ALS organization. If you friend Stu Millheiser on Facebook you can read some of the miracles the organization has provided. Also if you type his name in the search on the forum..you will also be witness to the many wonderful things he has done for families. Please consider this organization.

My husband and I have donated to Guardian Angels which I think is the best organization. It helps people now with the many costly needs of this disease. We have also donated to ALS TDI which does only also research on als. Bev

In our neck of the woods the best (and only) charity working in the field is the imnda (Irish motor neurone disease association) who keep extensive equipment for loan, fund help at home, and also fund research in the area. Founded by Jimmy Magee whose son had mnd, it's a great organisation.

ALSGA all the way!

(Of course I am a bit biased!) Thanks to Stu, Santa was able to make it last year and again this year! He is wonderful. I know he has helped so many of our pALS and cALS in so many different situations!

ALS GUARDIAN ANGELS ! ! ! These guys are real live angels helping folks with ALS who can't afford to get the necessary equipment to keep the quality fo life where it should be.

ALS Guardian Angels! PLEASE ask everyone to donate to ALSGA!

Why donate? He helped us! Simple!

There is no other organization that helps monetarily. Period.

I agree, ALSGA is a very good organization. We have not had to ask ALSGA for anything but just knowing they are there is a very real comfort to me. We have also recieved a great deal of support from our local ALS Association here in St. Louis. Their loan closet has provided us with many useful items but I gather from some threads that ALSA help can be different from one area to the next.

No doubt, ALS Guardian Angels has done more for PALS than any other organization.
Also, don't forget to vote for ALSGA on the Pepsi Refresh challenge. You can vote every day. Go to the threads for Pepsi for the link.

ALS Guardian Angels is the best.

Thanks, everyone-- loud & clear. Question 2: How about if someone wants a recommendation for an organization that funds ALS research? Where would you send them?
Sue

I would have said ALSTDI but I have a real problem with what they pay their leaders. I find $500,000.00 a bit much to pay someone between salary and expenses. When they ask people who make $10,000.00 a year to donate I can't bring myself to accept that. If you don't have an issue supporting ridiculous wages then this is the place to send your money.

ALS Guardian Angels for my favorite. For Research PROJECT ALS is a great one. I met the founder, she was really awesome. The sister's founded it with another sister (jennifer) who passed with ALS.. Really a good organization. Look them up.. But of course Stu's ALS Guardian Angel's is my first choice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back