Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Ok, so I have been driving for 40 years now (you can get a learner's permit at 14) and got a letter in the mail the other day saying I had to report for a road test to keep my license. I applied for and received a disabled parking placard last fall and the bureaucrats have decided that I need checking. I have no real problems with my legs or arms/hands that affect my driving but got the placard so I wouldn't tire myself out too much when I go out.

Anyway, my exam is tomorrow afternoon so wish me luck! As long as I don't have to answer any questions or eat anything while I'm driving I will be fine :shock::shock:

I'm going to be studying this afternoon by watching Bullitt with Steve McQueen!

Bullitt_mustang.jpg

Best of luck Barry, I am sure you will pass with flying colours.
Just dont drive like this though :lol:

Cheers
Peter

Attachments

• Ferrari.jpg
    Ferrari.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 558
Good luck my friend!

Good luck Barry! My husband had a similar problem, only it was with the auto insurance company.

Best of luck tomorrow! I thought if you drive "Lightening McQueen", he can do the talking for you!

disney-cars-mcqueen.jpg

Barry, you do not need any luck, as you are skilled and experienced.

AND HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED TO APPEAR ON CANADA'S WORST DRIVER!

Good luck Barry! And if things are going well maybe some jokes will distract the proctor and you'll pass anyway

Good Luck! When I moved to Maryland, I had to pass an eye test, and it was HARD! Seriously, it was. I think they may require it so they can make the printing smallish on their street signs. (which it is)...It was the kind where you have to look into the machine. Well, I am extremely far sighted (at least in vision, if not in judgment) and wear mono vision contacts, my right eye has the reading correction, and left eye is distance. So, I have a diminished depth perception. I did as good as I could, and then the examiner says, ok what do you see on the third panel. I said "what panel, I don't see any more letters" She said, "well, there are more, look to your right" .. and by golly there were! I faintly could make them out.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll ace it. In fact, you should get extra bonus points because you definitely won't be drinking while behind the wheel :)

vrooom vrooom beep beep !

Or talking on my cell phone!

Thanks everyone, I will let you know how it went!

Good luck Barry! I know you'll do great!

Good Luck Barry! Although I know you won't need it!

that would terrify the wits out of me if i could sstill drive.........all those years of bad habits....How can I restrain my middle finger when a police ar drives past? How refrain from tailgating little old ladies driving at 10 mph, how to stop the automatic head turn when there is a dishy man waAniting to cross the road? How to prevent myself from stopping when a nice little doggie looks lost on the sidewalk? and above all remember not to park your chewing gum where he is going to place his papers on the dashboard.

But maybe you do not have any bad habits. And remember, if you fart, you look accusingly at HIM.

and do NOT unfold the amap on your knees (nor the crossword) before setting off

Oh Iris you know I would love to come to France and drive you around! We could get a convertable and cruise around topless (oops I mean with the top down! :lol:) And you could have the map.

my top is always down. I HAte brassieres.
Do you know a brassiere in french means a band to keep your breast small. Their word is "soutien gorge" which means either throat support or valley support. Take your pick....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back