Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Ok, it's now official. I hate winter! Went to the bank today and by the time I got dressed up I was ready to have a lie down. Winter coat, boots, hat, gloves, hankie, talker, cane and damn, where did I put the truck keys. And then I get to the bank and realize that the disabled parking placard is in the other vehicle but to hell with it park in the old folks spot anyway. If anybody gives me a hard time they will get some choice words from my Ipod and a rap on the head from my cane :shock: after I drool all over their shoes.

Now I am in the bank and it has to be about 100 degrees (F or C you choose because I dont care) and me dressed for winter trying to cope with all my junk and the deposit book too. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Anyway, back home now, waiting for spring or at least Arizona!

If you can convince Beth to move we would love good neighbors. It is 12 C (54 F) here today. I remember those days well and as much as I love snow I appreciate warmer temperatures now.

Wish I could send you a bucket of Southern California sun right now. Hang in there ... if January's here, can Arizona be far behind?

Yeah, winter sucks! I don't enjoy digging the car out of snow or shoveling the the driveway or the stairs going up to the house.

Suppose to get another 4 inches or so tomorrow with low temps in single digits.

Burrrrrrrr.....

Beth, only 24 more sleeps or 576 hours or 34,560 minutes or 2,073,600 seconds till Arizona. Am I excited, no not at all!

Hi Barry,
I am not going to tell you what it is here today or how low it doesnt get to in winter. Dont want to get you more upset Barry;)
cheers
Peter

Oh Barry, I hear ya, my fellow Canadian. I don't know how you do it up there. I am so sick of shovelling and putting on all the crap like boots and scarves and gloves. How I fantasize about slipping my feet into a pair of flip flops and walking out the door.

I hope your 24 sleeps are filled with dreams of sunshine and warmth until you get to ARIZONA! Yay, I am so excited for you!

Barry, you'll have to send us weather reports and pics! We'll all be counting down with you.
Rosella, I hear you about the shovelling and dressing up like a mummy with the winter clothes! Think we are trying to catch up to you with the snow now.
Peter, keep telling us about how cold you have it(not) . It gives us hope that somewhere there is warmth in the world.

i once loved winter, i snow boarded every chance i got, and not to toot my own horn but I was pretty good. There was nothing more freeing to me then flying down the slopes at 20 to 30 mph hitting jumps and as much pain it caused me bouncing the side of my head off the ground or trees. ( with no helmet). But now its enough of a choir to make it down the stairs with out bouncing my head off stuff let alone even think about getting on my board. I spend snowy days staring at it wondering how am I gonna pick up chicks now.

MM, me too! Not snowboarding but alpine and X-country skiing, ski mountaineering and winter camping in a snow hut or tent, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, winter hiking, ice climbing, you name it I did it. Now I dream.

ok, ok-how about this-IT IS SO MUCH FUN GETTING WARMED UP!

as far as snow hicking goes, me and my friends got lost in the hills of NY during a really bad snow storm and head up in the woods with no way of finding our way back. 2 hours later we finally found and road and had to make a two mile walk back to the park. that was the first and last time i thought it was a good ide to shot cut down a cross country trail lol

Max: Loved your (and Barry's) nostalgia about crazy winter antics. Great humor and spirit. The mental image really helped to lift my spirits, too. I feel guilty as I can still schlep around, dragging my R foot and only getting really pooped from the effort. I'm going to definately limit my *****ing. You guys rock! --JK

I was a boy scout while in grade school. I remember going on a "freeze out" one November. I should have called in sick for that one. My sleeping bag was okay for summer nights but once you get below 70F, you may as well been sleeping naked with nothing covering.

Every now-and-again, if I get cold enough at night, I have flashbacks to that freeze out. Send me to the Bahamas and I'll be fine.

PZ

Last edited:
Know what you mean . Takes an age just to get the boots on!
YOu just drool with all your force and all the spit you can muster over anyone who upsets you. I just LOVE the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back