Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
As I prepared the grill for the coals my mind was set to thinking. I placed the coals, started the propane, struck the match and fired up the grill. I started remembering all the times my generous husband would stop by the store on the way home and buy several Boston Butts when they were on sale. He would fire up his smoker on the weekend and smoke them for neighbors. He would just surprise them! He loved to grill.

It's so very wonderful that I can now relish those memories and not dwell so much on the tragedy of his passing.

I hope y'all will be able to share your "Little Things."

So nice to have those happy memories. Enjoy your grilled meal!

I do so miss the "Like" button!

I understand your feelings. I'm so happy you felt that way. Yasmin.

Last edited:
Like like like...

My husbands smile at his oldest son's wedding!

I miss his everything. Even his grouchy days. But its is eyes and smile... well to be honest the conversation. I miss that, and your right it is the little things.

So many little things. Everything is a reminder and sometimes can hit you so hard and without warning. I was watching a movie with my daughter this evening. Bob's office is in the next room over. Whenever he was in there and I needed to talk to him, he'd just leave everything he was doing and turn around and devote however much time I needed for the reason I interrupted him. Family was always first. Sometimes I'd just stand behind him and hold him and talk. I miss holding him and I miss him holding me. Seeing the office empty at first warmed my heart but then made me cry. All the time, just everything makes me miss him. And it really is more and more every day.

I like this memory thread, CJ. I know I will be back often! Yasmin

I miss being the most important person in someone's life.

I had a hard day today. Spent the afternoon at some friends home. Late lunch on their deck and played some bocci ball. Met my daughter and her fiancee for a drink afterwards. I just so miss Bob all the time. I miss having him close to me and with me. These ups and downs are really taking a toll on me. Really, one minute I feel OK, it's going to be OK and then I crash and feel so lonely. Do all of you feel like that too? It's just too lonely. You're right, Miss. Being the most important person in somebody's life feels good. Being in a good, solid, loving relationship, loving unconditionally, loving completely - there's nothing like it.

By the way Miss, you and I are the same age - a day apart I believe!

I was going through paperwork today. When I opened the file it just so happened upon my husband's bold hand writing on a page. No shaky, squiggly lines of letters - just plain bold print - a name and number. He hadn't been able to write for almost two years before he passed. I was so glad to have found his "scribble" in that file.

That reminded me of his business card that I have kept in my wallet for years! I had stopped off from work at a grocery store to pick up a few things. He, traveling the same stretch of highway, saw my car in the parking lot and left his business card under my windshield. On the back of the card was, "I love you!"

I relish that memory.

CJ - just seeing this thread and the bit about the business card. We have a big tin and have kept tons and tons of the notes that Mark wrote when he could. At first I thought I was mad to keep all the little scraps of paper but now I'm thinking its a good thing for days in the future.

Bless you x

CJ--I now work out of my husband's old office in my business, and have the same phone he used. It has a feature on it to record two greetings, so I put a new one on but did not delete his. now, when I am sad, I play his greeting and hear his real voice before ALS stole it...makes me happy a bit. (but sad too)

Precious posts. I have found a flash drive with my beloved's english portfolio on it. On it were various assignments. One of which, I had not seen prior to his death. In it, he described our wedding day, how he felt, waiting for that moment that I would come through those doors and down the aisle on the arm of my father, and falling in love all over with me again, trying to keep from crying. It was beautiful, with his beautiful sense of humor, wit, and patient charm.

I have found various cards he gave to me on holidays. Priceless, since, if you knew Jason, he never really thought that much of cards before, so for him to get me one and write in it was big and a sign of his love for me. Seeing his handwriting, his sweet sense of humor, and ovious eyes only for me.

Today William smiled really big... in an instant, it was Jason's smile all over again. It was him to a tee! It was beautiful, made me smile, and hurt at the same time.. a bit bittersweet.

Watched several home videos last night, and to see his genuine smile and laughter and true love for his children shines through and is soo beautiful, it warms and yet, breaks my heart at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back