00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
SMALL TOWN IN
Hi Everyone,
I have been having eye twitches in my left eye. I thought it was maybe due to a medicine it was on. I have been off of it now for over a month and my eye still is twitching. The other medicines I'm on for depression I have been taking off/on for years. So, I decide to google causes of eye twitching. On two medical sites it says most likely it is due to stress or too much caffeine. But, then they go on that it could possibly be the start of a neurological condition such as ALS. It specifically said ALS. No wonder people freak out. I am slightly now. Kim

Kim, you're a twitcher! OK, now we know why they keep coming here. I perscribe a tropical drink and about a year of no stress. Oh, ok, how about two drinks?

Becky

>Oh, ok, how about two drinks?

Ditto that!

Kim, I have it every day I drink three cups of coffee or two cups and a caffeine soda! Then again if I sleep less than six hours it happens also....basically all the time. Try to take care of yourself and it will stop.

I'm very healthy with no pathologies. Last evening the skin around my eye twitched a few times. My legs twitch every night. Sometimes my arms twitch. Or my cheek. I've been doing this for decades, and it doesn't correlate to meds or alcohol or caffeine. It's just part of what makes me me. Sometimes when it pops up it amuses me.

Whenever I get a really big twitch, typically in my gut, that is accompanied by a cramping tummy, I recognize it as stress. Also, stress will cause my neck or shoulder to spasm strongly.

My eyes twitch intermittently, as does almost every thing else on my body. I don't worry about it because I know that I am toast anyway.

I was just shocked that it even mentioned ALS as a possible culprit. I can see how hypochondriacs get directed now to our forum. I am stressed. But, I'd be surprised to find a person who isn't.

What site was it Kim?

I went on ASK.COM and put what causes eye twitching. Two medical sites said it could be a neurological problem such as ALS. I think one may have been even Mayo clinic. Hate that the internet worries people like that.

>I went on ASK.COM

very evil site!

That why I don't ask my computer to do a prostate exam.
Patrick

Kim my eyes twitched all my life, I see what you mean about anybody who is prone to think the worst freaking out. When my symptoms first started I wouldn't even consider ALS, I mean how bad would my luck have to be? Then I was referred to the clinic and still I went there to prove that I didn't have ALS, even the first year I was hoping that they were wrong, once my voice left I kind of accepted it.

Janie

When I am really over tired I get twitches in my eyes. I have always found them amusing also. Once in a blue moon I get some in my stomach, and it reminds me of when I was pregnant and the baby first started kicking. I Love it! makes me nostalgic...

I am pretty sure I don't have ALS.

But I am getting worried that I might have Alzheimers.

Barbie, thanks for the laugh! Think we all have moments of stupidity that could be Alzheimer's! Prefer to think it's an overloaded mind that needs some unused files deleted! Hugs. Donna

Not funny Barbie, I just finished ready Still Alice ... makes me paranoid about all the stuff I forget, mess up and stop and start ...

I am pretty sure it's carers brain turned widows brain but still :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back