Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Well, with 2 daughters, a future son-in-law and Mrs. Z in tow, I ventured up to the black hills of South Dakota to sing "Happy Birthday!" to youngest grandson, Oliver. We rented a 7 passenger minivan (Dodge Grand Caravan) which provided all of the space and comfort needed. Still, 15 hours sitting in any vehicle doesn't make for much of a "joy ride".

Once up there, seeing the grandkids made it all worth while. The cake wasn't half bad, either.

If you get up into that neck of the woods, there are a few things you should really, really make a point of doing.

1. Visit Mt. Rushmore

2. Visit Diane and Tim and enjoy their fine company, coffee and chocolate-covered cream puffs.

3. Stop in at Walls drug store (we didn't do this).

It was a real pleasure to finally physically meet one of the family from the forum!

Delightful company and cozy B&B that includes a neat old piano that still sounds marvelous!

Glad you had a good trip, and got to see Diane and Tim!

So Happy you had a good time Mr.Z and the family too! So cool you got to meet Diane & Tim and see their beautiful B&B !....:)

This forum makes the best out of a not so great thing. You and Diane, Aly and Helen visiting each other. How wonderful!

Great PZ!

Glad you were able to have such a trip!

Post some pics!

Alright, Kim, where are the pics? If it was a 15 hr drive, you sure had plenty of time to put them on your post! JK. When we would travel with my kids to Maryland (8-10 hrs), we bought the tv with the vcr and I would say in my mind, "just shut up and put in a tape". Back then it took about 5 tapes each way. Of course we have upgraded to the dual dvd ones and we even hooked up and took the playstation with those fancy outlet thingies.

I hope you don't come back too soon, we still have a little cleaning of the pub to do!

Safe travels home and I am really glad you got to meet Diane and Tim.

Living with no heart,

Kimberly

PZ, How cool is that? I am so happy for all of you that get the opportunity to
visit one another. It's like pen pals that realize their future get together.

Here, we have virtual pics, e-mail, cams, on and on. ATT used to be the next
best thing to being there. Not any more. Nothing, nothing can replace the
face to face, eye to eye, hugs and hand to hand contact. :)
Glad you had that opportunity.

Blessings,

Welcome home Kim! Missed you a bunch but managed to have a good time in spite of your absence. That's a weird phrase "in spite of". No spite here in any way! xoxo!

Sounds like a great trip, Kim. I know what you mean about it being special seeing a forum member for real. My first hug with Helen last night was magic!

Sounds like a great trip I want to go now. So glad you were able to sing Happy Birthday and eat Birthday cake. Life is too short eat a lot of sugar.

Hey Zaphoon,

Shit man, you got me all excited...I thought you were in my neck of the woods !

And you're still eating food I see...lucky you.

I just had friends come and visit me and the love they brought and shared with my family did us a world of good...and I know you know what I'm talking about !

Fight on,
Shane the Pain

Did you see the pictures that I posted on another thread?

Diane,

Yes, I did see them!

Thanks for posting them!

aw heck...Im plain ol jealous meeting Diane and tim.....and Aly meeting Helen...did liz make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back