Diagnosis
09/2011
Country
US
State
PA
City
McKeesport
Revealed end of episode. Supposed to be 18 months. Unrealistic no symptoms shown. Yet said death was nearing & asked her ex Rossi to help her go out on her own terms.

Wonder how they will follow up this plot point. Hope this wasn't a spoiler for anyone. Wonder if any show runners/writers has someone with ALS.

I think someone on the show should do some research don't you

Isn't that how it is for everybody? Live normal for 18 months then get a couple signs to know the end is near? Wow that's me to a t lol. Oh except I can't walk talk or eat and I've been 9 months since diagnosis. Other than that perfectly the same lol.

Yep that was my thought. Why didn't they make newly diagnosed?

I suppose it's possible. I had a friend who had ALS. By 18 months, very little show. Certainly no one would have noticed.
1 year later, gone. Everybody is different.

I suppose it's possible. I had a friend who had ALS. By 18 months, very little show. Certainly no one would have noticed.
1 year later, gone. Everybody is different.

Interesting. I guess in 11/2 episode they will be visiting if Rossi will assist in helping her going out on her own terms.

Guess they'd have lost the dramatic revelation if she'd have shown up at lunch then dinner with symptoms.

Anything to increase public awareness of the disease. I am amazed at the number of people even in the health care business that are clueless. It is such an ugly disease I wish they would take a little time to show the debilitation that takes place. This seems to be more of a assisted suicide discussion. Sorry for the smart ... comment earlier.

Michael, you don't have anything whatsoever to be sorry about. pALS that pass without debilitating, obvious symptoms are "rare," just like the disease!

Anything to increase public awareness of the disease. I am amazed at the number of people even in the health care business that are clueless. It is such an ugly disease I wish they would take a little time to show the debilitation that takes place. This seems to be more of a assisted suicide discussion. Sorry for the smart ... comment earlier.

Nothing to be sorry about. I had same reaction.

Well that ending sucked!

So much for bringing any awareness to the disease. . .

ALS is the ultimate unsub! If they can spend countless hours trying to profile fictitious killers why not spend a few minutes to profile a real killer? And they should come here for a profound ending quote.

What happened on the show?

Aly she is still walking, talking, and everything, and the next scene just shows her ex at the cemetery. They should have went more into detail as to what all Als can do, and how devastating it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back