Learn about ALS
Country
AU
State
Queensland
City
Surfers paradise
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, currently waiting to see a neurologist next week to confirm a diagnosis.

I am worried that it could be ALS .... 3 months ago I took a substance called ibogaine which is a shamanic plant medicine that works to reset your cerebellar and nervous system (I did it for healing reasons) unfortunately I ended up in hospital and almost died but i did not. When I woke up in the hospital bedi felt as tho my nerve cells in my body were gone.

Symptoms:

Past 3 months I had been experiencing chronic fatigue so I started dieting myself for candida and went on a no dairy no wheat diet, took top supplements and nutrients but 3 months later I noticed I was getting weak from walking due to muslces feeling fatigued, recently noticed left arm becoming weak and I don't have awareness that Im moving my arm..I've been experiencing twitches all over my body especially my left leg and my arms. My body has been feeling heavy and like there are just no nerves working in my body.

I'm only 25 and I got married 2 months ago :( I'm so scared i may have this.

I have read up on Daniel R Hale and attempted to contact him but have not heard back, anyone else been in contact? Had success or help from him?

What are my treatment options once I get diagnosed? Is there any hope for recovery?

Thank u!
Jessica

Hi sorry for your problems. You do need to follow up with the neurologist but I doubt it is ALS. Have you considered the likelihood this is a consequence of the ibogaine or of the reasons you took the ibogaine?

Re Daniel Hale anyone who claims to cu re ALS is to be avoided as it is certainly a scam

I will not address ALS prognosis and treatment since I don't think it is relevant.

This post belongs to the Do I Have ALS section as you are not diagnosed

Good luck

Hi there Nikki

It is most certainly the result of using iboga ... I'm worried that it did trigger ALS in me because if how it works on the nervous system and I had a rlly bad experience it's like my body was working so hard to go thru the toxic experience and I read somewhere that it has the potential to cause neurodegenerative problems if used in high doses however that does was much higher en what I took. I do believe I was very sensitive and it just may have happened.

Well I can only hope I don't have it but I've been living everyday like I do and I have already changed and am viewing the world and ppl differently..

Thnx for ur response by the way

I agree with Nikki. You have taken ibogaine, and dieted and supplemented. I would think that your body doesn't know what to do. I would stop all of it and get back to healthy eating and see a dr for possible vitamin deficiency.

I did ibogaine once off it was a high flood dose that I did to try to treat emotional problems but I ended up in hospital for 2 days instead...I've been eating super healthy for the past 3 or 4 months and take biosutical supplements recommended by my naturopath so it deff ain't my diet that's a problem.

Anyways I won't know for sure until I get tests done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back