Diagnosis
06/2007
Country
US
State
NY
City
New York City
My mom passed away 2/25. She was diagnosed on 6/25/2007 so she lasted exactly 7 months from diagnosis. However, she had been having symptoms for at least 6 months before that; it just took a while to find the right doctor and get the right tests. Even so, the disease hit her hard and progressed rapidly. By December, she could no longer move or speak, and swallowing was difficult.

For those of you who read the Caregivers section, you might have seen that my mom made a very difficult and courageous decision to stop eating and drinking herself rather than wait for nature to take its course. It took a week and a half for her to die but we made sure it was gentle and that she felt as little pain as possible. Lots of people came around to see her, to play music, to read to her, and just to sit and talk with her. It was terrible and wonderful at the same time.

Before Mom's illness, she was in great shape from hiking, sailing, and yoga, and was an avid musician for many years. The first sign that anything was wrong was that she kept dropping her cello bow. I will always miss hearing the sounds of music, and going on hikes with her, and just hearing her wonderful voice. The one thing I can safely say, though, was that my mom did a lot of living in her 67 years.

She leaves behind 3 kids and 2 grandkids, who are her pride and joy.

~Witzz

THank you for keepign us informaed, Witzz. It is always sad when we lose a PAL. Your mother sounds like a terrific mother and grandmother and I am sure she will be missed. Please feel free to visit us often as you adjust to your loss. Cordially, Cindy

Sorry for your loss Witzz.
AL.

So sorry for your loss wittz, The pain is unbearable, but He will always be there for you. May God bless you, and ma your Mom rest in peace!

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back