Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Austin
I'm so sad, I don't know what to do with myself. I lost my best friend, my Mom, on Christmas Day. She was only diagnosed this past September, got a feeding tube in November and it was downhill from there. My once beautiful, sweet, independent Mom struggled so much these last few weeks that I know it is a blessing that she's not suffering, but I don't know what I will do without her. I promise you all I will contribute/donate/volunteer and whatever else is possible to help eradicate this horrible disease. It's just so unfair.
God Bless you all,
Rhonda

I am so terribly sorry. May the Lord give you comfort and strength. You are a wonderful daughter.

Rhonda,

I cannot imagine your grief. Such a fast journey - but you are so right - your sweet Mom will forever be your Christmas angel.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Dear Rhonda,
You had barely time to wrap your head around your mother having this disease. I am so sorry for your loss. I know you know she is out of pain and suffering, but that doesn't make it any easier. God Bless you

I'm so sorry for your loss. There is no one like your Mother. My Mom passed away 15 years ago and I still think of her everyday. May she always live in your heart. You have been a wonderful daughter and yes ALS is a cruel and heartbreaking disease. God bless.

So sorry for the loss of your mom. I'm glad she is not suffering any more.

I very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers of strength and comfort to you and your family.

I am so sorry that you had so little time to adjust to the disease before you lost your angel. It will be a long time until it doesn't hurt so much, but it will eventually improve. It will be hard to believe this now, but I promise you it will happen, and you will be able to talk about her without tears, but with the joy of having had her in your life.

So sorry for your mom. I didn't think my dad would make it to Christmas but he's here but not much longer I'm sure. I know they aren't suffering but I still hate it. This disease is horrible.

Oh I am so sorry! As a forum friend I really care--as do the others here! I will be thinking and praying for you! What a wonderful daughter you are!

I am so sorry for you loss Rhonda. My mother was my best friend as well and she passed away back in "97. It hurt so bad so I truly understand what it feels like. I hope in time your heart will be filled with happy memories and you will be grateful for having a such a loving relationship with your mother. Sending you a virtual hug. You will be in my prayers. Love, Kim

I am so sorry for your loss. I suppose it was comforting to know that God took your mom come on Christmas for a reason. The reason being that she was such a wonderful person that she got to go to Heaven on Jesus' birthday. I will say a prayer for you, your family, and your mom. Remember to stay strong and do not loose faith. She is in a better place and wants you to be happy. James.

My heart goes out to you, my mother also died at Christmas time it was very hard because of the season when it seemed everyone was joyous and happy, but me. We were very close. The way you go on without her is to honor her by becoming the fine woman she saw in you through your deeds and actions. Even though she is not with you, her memories will never leave you; cherish them, hold them close to your heart and fined comfort in them. God Bless You

I am very sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

So sorry for your loss. Know how much it hurts to lose your Mom and to watch someone deteriorate from this wretched disease as I lost my sister and FIL to it. My prayers are with you and the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back