Diagnosis
11/2011
Country
CA
State
BC
City
Abbotsford
My precious Dad passed away at 9:40pm on June 2, 2012. 6 months to the day from his ALS/FTD diagnosis. His last visit to the ALS clinic was May 24 at which time they felt it was too soon to recommend him for palliative care. The day before he passed he was walking on his own and enjoyed not 1 but 2 Canadian Maple doughnuts from Tim Hortons. The following morning he was oddly unresponsive after having some abdominal pain the night before. All four of his children were able to spend nine hours in the hospital with him and hold him as he made his journey into the next life.

Thank you all for this forum. It has give us immeasurable knowledge when we did not know where to turn.

Jaloca, may your sweet Dad rest in peace. It's nice his children got to spend some time with him before he departed. Bless his soul, he got to eat donuts! That is so sweet. It's true you never know when their time comes. He is no longer suffering. Just know there is a new angel in heaven. Yesterday, on the 3rd, it was my son's 5th year since he left us....may he rest in peace. He is now getting to know your sweet Dad! My condolences and prayers to the family.

Irma

I offer my heart felt sympathy for your Dad's passing. May God comfort you and your family in your time of sorrow.

Very sorry for your loss. Please accept my prayers and condolences.

That was very rapid progress. I'm so sorry. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Yasmin.

Jaloca, so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. Thinking of you and your family today.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

so sorry, but glad you were all there with him

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad...but it sounds like he had a peaceful passing into the next life, surrounded by his children...though his journey with ALS was short, at least he did not suffer long years as so many of us do. Praying for your family!
GENTLE ((HUG))

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and your loved ones.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. My dad was just diagnosed with ALS and I'm very scared. My mother passed away 15 years ago of colon cancer. I am so glad your dad had family surrounding him with love as he was passing. Your dad is now in heaven and doesn't have to suffer from this horrible disease anymore. Remember, love never dies. Cherish your happy memories and your dad will live in your heart forever. A big hug to you. Kim

Very sorry for your loss!

So sorry that your Dad passed away, yet am glad that you all were there with him... and that he found joy in some donuts beforehand...

I'm sorry for your loss! Our prayers are with you and your family!

Jen

Sorry for the loss of your Dad. Glad you were able to be with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back