Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Little Elm
Although I have not been a daily or consistent attendee of this forum, I feel lost and don't know where else to turn to get understanding.

My father, The Captain of my families ship and the Godfather to my family passed on 1/8th 2011. Although, we knew this time would come eventually, we did not think it would come as quick as it did. My dad had plateaued for months at a time. He was eating (without a PEG) and breathing on his own up until 3 days of his passing. He never struggled with eating. He was still talking, with a drunk slur, but was still understandable.

His stomach was extended with GAS. He could not pass gas, or have a bowel movement. This was the beginning of the 'end of life'. On a humorous note, my dad, was obsessed about his bowel movements and gas. He was on a routine for years. Once his system was no longer on his routine, he had anxiety over it. Who would have known that his humorous, 'gatta have a emergency (bowel movement)' would be the reason for his passing..

I feel guilty for only posting this after he has passed and have not been a consistent poster. But he is gone now and all I know is that you all know how it feels. I NEVER thought I would be in the memorial forum. but I am now. He was my dad. My bud. The one child of his that was so much like him.

where do I go from here? what do I do with my time? who do I worry about?

sorry for your lose. I'm a dad friend of six wonderful kids. i dread thinking about how my passing will effect them. you dad is lucky to have had you as a child

I am sorry for your loss...The Captain sounds like he was a wonderful man!

What a wonderful and touching tribute. The closeness between the two of you is so obvious. Thank you for sharing, and know we are with you as you mourn the loss of your Dad.

Sounds like ALS hit one of the good guys again. You are a tribute to your father's goodness and legacy. You are valuable to all of us here, your always welcome in this forum family.. My best to your family..

sorry about the loss of your father. we are hear to support you.

Very beautiful thoughts of your Dad. I am sorry for your loss. Whether you are a regular poster, or have never posted before, we are here for you. Big love and hugs.

so sorry the loss of a loved one is so hard to go thur , i wish you the best with his warmest thoughts

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dad,you and your family are in my prayers.
blessings, Pat

I am so very sorry for the loss of your daddy. I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling, especially since he was doing pretty good and then went downhill so quickly. Please know that my heart goes out to you! My dad is obsessed with having regular bowel movements as well......my 3 sisters and I always laugh about it!:)

I'm praying for you,
Aimee

Please accept my condolences on the Captain's passing. I'm sorry for your loss but I'm sure you helped make a vital difference in his life during his illness. Thank you for being there for your dad!

So sorry to hear about your Dad's sudden death and his battle with ALS. Sounds like he had more than one ailment. You did your best and you gave such a wonderful tribute. Welcome here. Hope we can help by sharing in your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back