Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
Aus
State
NSW
City
Wagga Wagga
Hi my brother-in-law has been lovingly "given" mannatech by a family member . I am just wondering how these people can say that they can cure motor neuron disease if that was the case this forum would not be here I believe less stress keeping your body and mind well can probably be about the best medicine hey How do I get this across or do I just shut up this is costing this family member $650 Australian dollars a month

Family members always try to help and it is hard for them to accept there is no treatment. They mean well, usually, but for that kind of money you need to tell then NO. If they want to pay for it then take it and thank them. It is a touch situation, I hate seeing people waist money.
The money could be beneficial later as you need adaptive devices to make life easier.

Cheryl, I will agree with your observation. I have family members that are in the Mannatech pyramid and they insisted that this would either stop or cure the progression of the ALS. I told them that we could not afford the incredible cost and that if they wanted to pay for it, my husband would take it [they were saying Ambrotose] They paid for the Ambrotose for 3 months. I must admit that the first month we did see a improvement in his speech and less saliva but after the first month it was a steady decline. In my humble opinion, I would say to not spend your money on this. I am sorry that you have to deal with this horrible disease and I wish you well and many days of happy memory making moments.

A very close friend of ours pushed me to try Mannatech. Like most of you, I figured if it helps, we would have heard it in the news. I refused to try it, save myself some money but did not regret losing a "friend in need is a friend indeed". :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back