Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
US
State
NY
City
Rochester
Does any one have arthritis along with their PlS? Once I'm up and out of bed the pain is not bad but first thing in the morning it hurts. Just curious!

Yes, had arthritis for more than 30 years. Like you it's worse in the am and added to the pls can make for a miserable day when the weather's nasty. Unfortunately for me, I've progressed to the point that even after " warming up" I still can barely get around. Right foot drags the ground when I walk as I can no longer lift it.

I never really thought of it as arthritis. I just know it feels like I've been hit by a truck in the morning. I just figured it was something to do with lack of movement overnight and the time gap of taking medication?

I told my neurologist about it - specifically about my right elbow is terribly sore when I wake up (I don't lie on it) and he immediately said "arthritis". Gave me a tube of salve to put on it but that stuff is greasy. I'm using Capsasin (sp?) instead but the vote on that is still out.

I have arthritis in my hip. I take Aleve for the pain but, now I am on a blood thinner and Aleve is out of the question so I am using Hydrocodone-Act. It doe help a little but I'll be glad to get back on the Aleve.

Rick

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis aged 16 in my left elbow (dislocated it but they missed on xray aged 10)so had it 40yrs.
Have a little in hands and suspect other areas also.
I am awaiting an appointment to see a orthopaedic surgeon as its now affecting the nerves and I have atrophy in my left hand and thumb.

Strange thing happened some years back...I developed over the course of the day terrible pain in left arm that travelled up to my shoulder and down into my hand. Thought it was the arthritis so tried all the usual things but nothing worked,went to bed thinking if its not better I would see gp next day.
Next day right arm was same and I knew it was not the arthritis......it resulted with two weeks or so with my arms plastered to my side because of spasticity and shoulder joint contractions...had shoulder joint pain ever since.

So do you think arthritis or pls problem? You know your body and whats what.

Kevin,every pls patient are stiff on a morning with spasticity...that's normal for pls unfortunatly .

Yeah Olly, the spasticity was my first symptom in my legs years ago. So that's what I always figure the pain is from (it's not just pain in the joints), like I said it's a long gap in time of taking the medication. I never assumed I had or have Arthritis. But it does make you wonder about the toll that pls takes on someone's joints. I mean my gait is way different, with my leg swinging out, feet turning in, knees hurting...I just wonder about the long term related side effects.

I have degenerative problems with my cervical area as we all do with age.
It was running pain all the way down into my fingers. After two shots, it abated. Thank god, since my neuro allows only three per year.

Nerve pain can sometimes present as arthritis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back