Happy April Fool's Day! A GREAT gag to play on your spouse/partner/friend/relative

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEDASO

Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
04/2001
Country
US
State
California
City
Oceanside
Hi all,
This gag was played on me on an April Fool's Day, back in the 1980's, and I laughed "my head off" !
If your city, or a city nearby, has a zoo or aquarium, look up the phone number and write it down.
At the time in the 80's, I was living in Queens, and working in Manhattan, so, the Bronx Zoo was local for me.
So, write down with the telephone number, "Mr. Lyon called, and it is important you call back."
When it was played on me at work, the phone message was given to me by the switchboard, (a friend in my office had given it to them, to give to me).
When I called the number, the person on the other end said, "I'm sorry but he is having lunch, but you can come over and see him in his cage.".
I was silent for moment...long pause...while this sunk in...
AND I BURST OUT LAUGHING...Mr. Lion....yeah, right. The person on the other end was laughing as well, and I thank him. Meanwhile, when I turned around, there were 5 people behind me all laughing, as they all had watched me call the number and watched my reaction.
By the way, if it is an aquarium that you have the number for, then write the message down, that a Mr. Seal called and it is important to call back...
A great gag to play on someone today! I have played on different people through the years, and have always gotten a good laugh.
A good laugh is something we need here every now and then...
I think I'm going to play this on my doctor today--I have an appointment to see him..and will ask him how the call to Mr. Lyon went...
Note-sometimes you don't get people who answer the phone and go along with it...but it still sinks in by the calller....the zoo...Mr. Lion...oh yeah right...
KEDASO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back