Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
very discouraging. they keep doing personal peices with cancer and handicap people pushing through to compete. unfortunatley as you know with ALS i never had a chance to complete this particular dream. it hurts. als does not allow you to exercize through the pain you just sit and decompose. if you excersize you decompose quicker especially at those leveles. als sucks

I hear you Pete. These folks with cancer or injuries who can come back and compete are indeed heroes. Unfortunately we can’t rehab the way they can. People I talk to often don’t realize that I can’t get stronger physically by working harder, that in fact it can make me worse. It’s not the model of rest, recovery, and rehab that we see with other conditions.

Yes, extremely frustrating... :-(. Sorry.

Pete, I completely understand. Coming from a place where exercise makes one feel better in so many different ways, and is such a huge part of life, to not being able to do squat, is torture. I am so sorry. I am not proud, but I envy people who can keep playing the sport I once did. I can't even watch a game any more. I can only imagine how you feel watching Iron Man on tv- and hearing those inspirational "coming back from..." stories just makes it worse.

It's not fair, Pete. I am so sorry.

I'm so sorry, Pete.

Today a friend was complaining about no longer being able to run on the beach. He has to walk 5 miles each morning. I would give anything (almost) to be able to walk 5 miles or even 1 mile each morning.

I stopped watching golf, surfing, and running two years ago. It just makes me sad.

My attitude sucks when I think of the things I can’t do and others can so I work on being grateful for what I can still do.

Like sit up, roll my shoulders, wiggle my hips, type with knuckle on I pad these are my iron man sports

My athlete friends encourage me saying they could never do what I a, doing and how can they help me keep going

This nightmare is not for the average person tha pals and cals here are beyond mere mortals

Let’s us all run our victory lap and take our place on the podium

Loveyaall
Chally

Chally, you’re an amazing guy. I’ll try to take a lesson from your book.

thanks chally sometimes it gets more than i feel like i can bear

Yes it sure does Pete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back