Old 04-24-2013, 05:16 AM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: St Laurent de Bdt
State: Normandie
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
Charlutte is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: St Laurent de Bdt
State: Normandie
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
Charlutte is on a distinguished road
Default Cell stem treatment in Hadassah feedback needed!

Hi all,

My dad has been diagnosed with ALS three years ago. He is now in a wheelchair; We have heard about the cell stem treatment in Hadassah and Switzerland. It represents a big hope for our family and I am sure for everyone who has ALS.

There is very few information and feedback from patients who have received the treatment and I was wondering if anyone went to Hadassah and Switzerland, could they please share their experience? Is it possible for soene in wheelchair? Is it difficult? Are there any side effects? Have you experience any stabilization or improvement of your condition?

It is important for us to have feedback from poeple who have done it as it would help a lot to make a decision. Time goes and the disease is evolving...

I look forward to your reply,

Charlutte
Old 04-24-2013, 01:35 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Waldwick
State: NJ
Diagnosed: 06/2012
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
jpsteeler99 is on a distinguished road
City: Waldwick
State: NJ
Diagnosed: 06/2012
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
jpsteeler99 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cell stem treatment in Hadassah feedback needed!

Stem cell treatment to the general public is 5-10 years out if it passes through the FDA and is proven effective. The trials going on now will most likely exclude PALS that are not ambulatory. There are rumors the trial in Israel boasted better results than they actually had. One patient did see major improvements and another here in the US also saw improvements. Problem being is that we need to see more than 1 person improving or the FDA may knock it down. This looks to be promising as a treatment for ALS but not a cure.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, cell, dad, diagnosed, family, hope, improvement, information, treatment, wheelchair