Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IL
City
Chicago
Hello my name is Travis. I am just turn 30 years old back in the Spring 2012. I am active and eat a extremely healthy diet. Throughout my 30 years so far I have always been healthy thank God and never no real problems. In Dec 2011 I had a rapid heartbeat which was SVT.. Feb 2012 I had an ablation that corrected the problem and nothing ever since. Now to the ALS possibilities. Throughout years I would get twitching on triceps or pretty much anywhere in my body on occasions once in a blue moon. Since Dec 20th 2012 I had some major twitching/ spasms in my chest next to breast bone and little in upper chest. I do not know if this is due to working out or playing tennis which I do a lot. When I coughed or laughed hard I can feel a little pain or burn were it was twitching. Since Dec 20th which was now 14 days ago exactly. Within these 14 days I would say 5 days I had the twitching in my chest last Friday night after playing tennis for an hour and it seemed like it flared up with excessive movement and was feeling weird! and stopped playing..so in my head I thought it was related to my ablation, etc...and called my doctors cell and he said it was nothing related to the ablation or SVT and said it was muscle fatigue / low potassium/possible magnesium or electrolytes levels. I was feeling relieved! Then after a couple days I was getting some twitching in tricep for 5 sec. bicep for 5 secs and shoulder for a few secs..I looked this up on Google and boom ALS! I am scared and think I have it now..Like I said before I play hardcore tennis all year and workout all year, you name it and I would say a couple time or once I would get twitches and now for a few days I had them sporadically for a matter of seconds. From reading all these things I will be making an appointment with a Neurologist now. I do not know if it is from stress now thinking this way but my legs feel a little tired and weak...ps I went for a brisk walk yesterday for about 20 minutes. Would this be ALS and does it come like this? I am 30 yrs old and no history either. What do you think? also I can move all my toes and fingers and can type fine. Update.......I just came from my GP Dr visit and he said No to ALS...he took blood from me to see about B12, TSH, and other things... and chest X ray also, and stress test. what you think? thanks....

No reply required here. This is a duplicate thread.

What you have does not sound at all like ALS. Fasciculations or twitches in alS do not just occur in the chest. In fact they usually occur in the arms hand or legs. I personally believe that you have muscle fatigue from playing too much tennis. At 30 you need to pace yourself and do not worry about your health too much. You know what they say. The very thing I feared has come upon me. Fear not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back