Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
tx
City
fort worth
how do u get through the days of watching a loved one go thru this and knwing u cant do a thing but watch they cant talk are on bi paps its
horrid i dont knw hw to keep strong help please

It is not easy playys. Every day this disease seems to take a little bit more of my sister from us. I go to sleep at night praying and wake up in the morning praying. I pray for God's will to be done in my life as well as my sister's life and everyone's lives here. I put my faith and my complete trust in Him. He is in control, and no matter how much I hate this disease... I know in my heart that our Father in Heaven loves each one of us and agonizes for us. There are reasons for everything. I have to be patient and rely on Him to see me through.

God tells us that He will never leave His children nor forsake His children. I believe that with all of my heart. That is how I cope each day. No, it isn't easy, but He promised never to put more on me than I could tolerate. I believe that also. I hope this gives you some peace. I pray for you and for your loved one. I know how devastating it is to watch and feel helpless. But because Sis cannot walk or write or eat by herself. I vow to go on daily and do these things that she cannot do. I won't give up for her. She tells me to not take for granted anything any more. So I do not, and I thank God for allowing me to be able to be my sister's hands, and her legs, and her strength. That is all I can do.

Your caring friend... Kaye

That's the best anyone could hope for.

As I watch my mother go down quickly, I know each day she has will more than likely be the best one she will ever have given the cruelty of this disease. I have gone to support groups, counseling, talked to professionals, friends and neighbors. Then I decided this situation was much bigger than all of those mentioned and I turned it over to God, which has made a huge difference. That is not to say that I don't have bad days, go through depression and crying spells because I do. However, knowing that he is in control and is always there has gotten not only me but my entire family through rough days. As we go through this journey and watch someone we love fight and eventually lose this battle, we know that our faith and hope of being reunited again some day will be what gets us through it. God Bless all of us going through this horrific time in our lives.

For those with faith stronger than mine they gather strength from it. For the rest of us... you just look inside and you find it somewhere.. and you do it one step at a time, one day at a time, one issue at a time

Wow. I want to copy you Katie

One step at a time, one day at a time, one issue at a time.

Those are ALS words to live by.

Tyank u all for your kind words i truly needed that and i agree with the lot of u god be w all of us on this horrific time in our life and may all of our loved ones feel gods embrace in there time of need !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back