| | Re: Bad Taste in Mouth
When we don't have good control over our tongue and mouth, and we're not brushing our own teeth, a lot of tiny stuff gets left in there and grows bacteria and mold. There can be old bits of sugar and medications still in there.
Brushing a PALS teeth really doesn't work well.
So at some point, we have to consider a paralyzed person's mouth to be just a hole with old garbage in it. Get a lighted magnifying glass and a tiny brush and clean it out (carefully) really good, rinse carefully with a wet cotton swab, and do it daily. You're a dental hygienist now, except that your patient can't tolerate drops of water.