Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Bolton
Is anybody using Bipap around small children? How do they react? Our son has never seen Laurence with the mask on and I'm worried he'll be confused and scared. He'll be 2 yo in January. Dani

My grandchildren are 2 and 4 and their mom explained that Grampa needs the mask to help him breathe. They seem ok with that.

AL.

I let one of my friend's kids try it on. I let them drive the wheelchair and play with the controls for my hospital bed. The less mystery, the better.

I have a box of toys here so kids have something to do while their parents visit. Nothing fancy or expensive, just stuff they don't have at home.

I have had to (figuratively speaking) put my foot down when it comes to playing with the bidet. :lol:

I don't know if you guys get the show Spongebob Squarepants over there or if your kids watch it. If so...the character Sandy Squirrel uses a helmet so she can breathe underwater...should be pretty easy to draw the analogy of using the mask to be able to breathe. Even if you don't get the show, you could certainly find Sandy on line.

I would say exactly what Al suggested. Always the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back