My God! This isn't fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad, and way to young!

I don't understand why he can't get Medicaid, if he was illegal it would probably be no problem.

Legal or illegal considering how governments waste money I don't think a child in this situation should be denied money for home care.

why can they not make allowances for special cases like this,they are only a year or so from the 10yrs needed
llwlpn,your post is spot on..........its the same over here,illegal immigrants/asylum seekers dont pay nothing into the system but get whatever they need.....houses,benefit and healthcare.

Writing (emailing with embedded link) your congressman could help. Especially those who live in California, and more especially those who live in Orange County. Politicians do need causes where they can look like the "good guy" to virtually everyone, regardless of party lines.

This is so sad, and he is so young. Denying them is so wrong!

What I would like to know is Where is MDA or ALSA....with the MILLIONS of $$$$ they recieve why can not they help? I really dont know how they could not help this young man. It boggles my mind.

Thank you for sharing this story.

Just a note... since Medi-Cal is a state run benefit writing your Congressman probably won't do much... but California residents writing their State assemblymen and State Senators certainly might.

why can they not make allowances for special cases like this,they are only a year or so from the 10yrs needed
llwlpn,your post is spot on..........its the same over here,illegal immigrants/asylum seekers dont pay nothing into the system but get whatever they need.....houses,benefit and healthcare.
It's good to hear that compassion for desperate people in need is still alive in some places.

Olly, can I move there and get the free medical care? Sure would help my wallet out!

And; Di, I would like to know where the $ is too, bc I pay for every Dr,'s appt and already had the one muscular dystrophy diagnosis since 1988. And they are sure quick with my insurance and two of the three Dr,'s have been during clinic days?!

And to whomever posted, "If they were.....well that is so true in my state! And watch them pull out those ebt cards and wic. I don't know or ever will figure out this government of ours!

My heart goes out to this family.

Hajime used the money ALSGA sent in May to fly his grandmother and aunt in from Japan for their September visit. I just spoke with Hiromasa (his dad), who told me that insurance will no longer cover his hospital care. Everyone wants Hajime home, but they are woefully unprepared. They have no funds for home care. ALSGA will pay for it until such time as they are able to deal with all the equipment on their own. While we are unable to cover him for longterm care, we felt it was important that they have someone there to show them how it all works and to handle emergencies. When they are comfortable, they'll have to manage on their own. I wish we could do more.

Stu ALSGA

That is so wonderful!.....Thank You, Thank You, Thank You so very much Stu! It just seems not enough to say, there is no word.....You truely are an angel and help so many people with this dreadful disease. Bless you for being there!

Way to go Guardian Angels! you are truely wonderful....praying for a big benefactor for you so you can do much much more for those in desperate need!

You are truly angels on earth!

Stu you are a true inspiration and truly a Guardian Angel...Your humbleness, selflessness and determination to help so many is absolutely an example of the best the human spirit has to offer. Thank You would never cover the respect and appreciation I and so many others have for what you do. God bless you and all the work you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back