Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
LA
City
DeRidder
My husband wants to know if others with ALS are having memory loss. He is forgeting things more and more. Thank you in advance.

My husbands memory has deteriorated as well. He hasn't mentioned it, but he asks the same questions more than once. He never used to do that, and was actually known for his ability to remember things.

No, not at all, in fact I'm more recolective now than ever.

A little, yes. Hope your hubby isn't too worried about it.

No memory loss here, or at least I can't remember forgetting anything!

My memory adjusts to how tired I am at the moment. I often zone out--not on purpose but due to exhaustion--and then have to be told whatever was said again.

... What was the question? (lol) No, my memory seems the same. You know, given the age that most people develop ALS, it makes sense that just regular old middle aged forgetfulness could be at work as well.

Not so sure about memory, but ive heard some PALS say that they have shorter attention spans and have a harder time concentrating on things sometimes.

I don't know about memory loss, but I'm getting dumber by the day! LOL

Lee says I forget things she told me. I think she just THINKS she told me. I can still answer a lot of Jeopardy questions so my memory can't be that bad.

AL.

AL- maybe youve got a case of "selective hearing"? Its a guy thing, so i hear...

You might be on to something there LOL

AL.

Same here Al. I actually was as quick as "WATSON" on the medical questions. I sometimes feel a little foggie, but think that is more exhaustion. But still full of all kinds of useless knowledge..

Sometimes I think we attribute any symptom that crops up to ALS. Or, maybe the symptom has always been there and it's just more noticable because you do not live the life you once lead. You have more time to think about every little thing. I hope that your husband does not have memory loss and it's just a case of over analyzing.

My husband forgets stuff all the time and tells me the same thing over again two or three times over a short period of days. But, this is normal for him, as he has ADHD and is a general air head, but smart as a whip.

If you feel your husband has a serious problem with his memory, you might want to get him tested, just to be sure.

I wish you luck!

He could also be feeling foggy due to medication. Might want to take the list of what he's taking and check for side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back