Loved one DX
Country
US
State
NY
City
Albany
Hello-
My father-in-law is getting his feeding tube put in today. Any thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated. My husband and I both offered to be there but they did not want us to make the trip. So we are stuck here waiting, worrying and praying.

Pam, I'm praying for all to go well, and minimum discomfort afterward... My prayers are also with you and your husband, for peace.
Love,
Ann

Thank you, Ann.

I just got an email from my husband. His mom called and said that my father-in-law made it through the procedure and is in recovery. He will be staying over tonight and if all goes well he will be home tomorrow.

<sigh of relief>

praise be to God. Glad it all went well.

So glad they are keeping him overnite! I think it is criminal for PALS to have this done as an outpatient. Just make sure he tapes the tube to his belly, so the cap doesn't come loose at night.

I am also glad to hear they are keeping him , it helps to make sure everything is working correctly. My mom is so glad she has her feeding tube, she feels more energetic because she is able to get the nutrients she needs. I hope the same is true for your father in law. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

I hope it all goes well. Positive thoughts and prayers are headed your way!

Pam, I'm glad it went well for him. Sending prayers for a quick recovery and no issues with the PEG in the days to come. I'm also glad they are keeping him overnight!

Take care.

Great news! Now things will be better.

Thank you, everyone. We called and checked in last night. He was resting comfortably. I am really glad they kept him overnight, too. We are really blessed. My mother-in-law is an RN so she will be all over any aftercare that needs to happen. I also think this may help them both with the getting ramped up on how to use and care for the PEG.

Pam, this is wonderful for your family. It does sound as though with keeping him overnight and your mom's being an RN, things will continue to go well. Happy smile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back