5/2008
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Snellville
Change the title of peoples threads? :roll:

I never noticed that they did that...which one did they change?

I never noticed that they did that...which one did they change?

The I hate it when thread...Now it says I hate it when my mouth is so dry...It would be ok if It was rude or something.

I had not even noticed yet. I'll go check it out. Maybe someone changed it by accident? Don't know. Anyone else have some insight?

Hey Phil - Do you know who David is? He's just a registered user like you and I, but he was able to edit your post. How come? Is he like the "owner" of the site or something?

Hey Phil - Do you know who David is? He's just a registered user like you and I, but he was able to edit your post. How come? Is he like the "owner" of the site or something?

A mod or something may have joined up under a alter ego, so they could change it anonymously. Does not make any since....

Phil - I read one of his blogs and it talks about updating the site and adding things, so I think he is the administrator of the site. I'm sorry.

David created this website, he maintains it entirely at his own expense, not only in reference to financial support, but also his time.

I do not know about why the subject title was altered, and it may not have been intentional, if there was some sort of update to how text is handled by forum software programing. This seems likely.

There is a section of the forum called "Suggestions Problems or Bugs" This would be a good place to search for answers, or post questions. Or, PM David.

I am not sure why David changed the title. You should PM him and ask since you are upset about it.

As Rose has explained, David developed this site and has kept it running out of the goodness of his heart. Without him this site would not exist.

I have no idea why he'd change it.

AL.

Got David's voice mail. Asked him to explain here. He's out and I'm going to see Rock of Ages at the Royay Alex so won't be taking calls. We will find out Phil. Nothing sinister like an alter ego. We 're just regular folks like you. 1 identity each as far as I know.

AL.

Thank you to all who support, finance, moderate, oversee, and back this wonderful, informative site. Here we get what we need, when we need it, with care, comfort and helpful information.... plus the love and closeness you couldn't match with actual relationships in your own family. Bless all those who have a part and keep up the good work!

Hi,

I infrequently change thread titles to more closely match the content of the thread. This is to ensure that thread titles reflect the content for both users, usability and search engines.

With regards to the "I hate it when" thread, this will be set back the way it was - my change was not an improvement, the original thread title more closely resembled the content of the thread.

Cheers,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back