Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
my caretaker didnt pay attention to directions about chair. she didnt charge the battery. does anybody know how long it takes to fully charge.

Overnight, it depends on the charger and how discharged the batteries are. Expect at least 12 hours.

she let it died. she connect it last night but i got only two green lights n it wont move.

OK, then likely the batteries are dead and will have to be replaced. Sometimes leaving the charger on them for several days might bring them back. But expect their capacity to be severally effected, meaning if they lasted 12 hours before needing a recharge, now they might last 6 or less.

im knew to this. the chair is a loaner fro MDA. so do u have to plug at in when not in use.
how often do u need to charge it n do u turn it off while charging it.

I have to charge nine every second day. It is charged all night so it is ready the next morning. It is turned off for charging. Sometimes we have to charge it every night if I have been out during the day. There should be an indicator to tell you how much charge is left on your batteries.

One thing that may have caught you.

I know this guy {{looking over both shoulders}} and he plugged in his chair before going to bed. {{after all , he is a smart lad}}

The urge to pass bodily fluids was enough to wake him. {{second brain cell yells - holy bedsheets batman - he is gonna pee the bed}}

Jumping in the chair and moving the joystick only produced flashing lights. Fear crosses his mind, there is going to be a puddle on the floor. {{that third brain cell aint worth nuthin}}

When that fourth brain cell kicked in , he unplugged the chair , and made it to the pisser on time. {{Ahhhhhhhh}}

Check that the chair is unplugged before trying to use it.

what if i hardly use it, should i hve it plug anyway.

When I picked up my PWC , I was told - when not in use , plug it in.

Sometimes I even do it.

Glen

Wow, how lucky you are to have a power chair. I am STILL waiting for mine and have to wait another 6 weeks. I think they hope you will die before they give you anything over here

not that lucky. only work for one day.

still waiting, but one thing the expert told me was that when you charge them,make sure you charge them to the full,otherwise it does something that I did not understnad but which would clearly cause world war three or kill ball the local cats. HE said not just ti charge them a bit. The capacity had to vbe full. Donbt know how lonbg that takes

Mine is charged all night every night... to be safe. The batteries last longer if they're fully charged, meaning you don't ever want them to lose most or all of their charge. I also have a loaner small chair--my first chair and now my back up, and it is charged all night at least weekly. Sometimes it's charged for a couple of days. Just make sure you turn the chair off before you charge it, Iris. Otherwise the world will come to an end!:shock:

I apologize if this appears again.... my mind.... is missing.

Last edited:
I charge my hubby's chair everynight. I have let a battery go dead on another wheelchair..and they can be really expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back