Diagnosis
12/2009
Country
IND
State
rajasthan
City
jaipur
hi im diagnosed with MND recentely.im 26 yr old n still single....should i go for marriage with my girlfriend?she is ready but im in confusion abt it...how to tackle with disease?im servicing as a medical officer in govt hospital......waiting for replies....luv all

gouray, sorry for your diagnosed :[ Welcome to the forum! I think that marriage will have to be a personal decision. Some of our PALS and CALS do decide to get married after the diagnosed. One couple will be having their first baby any day now :] What exactly is a medical officer?

I take it you are in the armed services and are a medical practitioner?

Very sorry for your diagnosed and at such a young age!

As for marriage, I would think that you and she would both need to seriously look at what is down the road as far as your care. Also, if in your country whether it would benefit you more if you were single in obtaining necessary services that you will need. (We are penalized for being married in the US, when disabled.)

Gouray ... I'm so sorry for your diagnosed. It is so sad when this disease strikes young people.

CJ's advice is very good: look at how marriage will affect the benefits and treatment you will be able to receive. However, if there is no drawback there, and you and your girlfriend are in love, I say go for it if it's what you want. Live a full and happy life! Enjoy all the blessings life has to offer.

Stephen Hawking also was diagnosed in his 20s, and has lived a full and highly productive life for decades. Your youth is in your favor for a long life. There are many MND patients who marry after they are diagnosed.

Let us know what you decide.

Best wishes.

thanks 4 ur valuable advise.....im a doctor n in govt service...which is called medical officer in india.....should i wait 4 my disease to get a stability....as im of young age....my disease is not ALS its JMND....juvenile mnd.....only LMN sign not UMN sign.......

Hi gouray, Welcome to the forum! Sorry about your diagnosis. I agree with what the others have said about finding out if there are any benefits you may not qualify for if you get married. I dont know how that would work in India. That said, if your fiance knows what is in store in the future and still wants to marry you GO FOR IT! If there is issues that would hold back benefits by being married, then well, get married in a place like Tahiti. (the weddings there are not LEGALLY recognized in the US, dont think so for India either) Or, just do the ceremony there, the name change, rings etc...just no formal papers. I hope thats not the case for you there. Life has a way of bringing you your soul mate, if she doesnt care about your diagnosis, then she is the one!
Hugs,
Blubear

thanks blubear.....there is no benefit in india....either u r single or married.....now im waiting 4 some time 2 get a stability in disease.....keep in touch.....will innform u......luv all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back