Marty and Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband, Marty Ambrose, passed away at about 1 a.m. on June 30th. I am stunned, but since he told me the morning of the 29th that he wanted to see family and best friends - he talked to the people he wanted to. He went to sleep that night with me holding his hand until he passed away. It was a gentle passing of a gentle man. He is so loved in this city and beyond. I am receiving emails from radio and tv people across the country whom he hired as young beginners and gave them their broadcasting start. I am receiving emails of support and love from people who have listened to him on the radio for the past 35 years - and think of him as a friend even if they never met him. I am heartbroken and devastated that he is gone from me - but lifted by the prayers and good wishes from all the people in this city. It is interesting that the mayor proclaimed June to be Marty Ambrose Month for Houston and he passed away on the last day of that month.
I have found support and much love and aid from this site. Thank you to each of you - even those whose posts are years old and I garnered much needed information using the search function to find. I know that I am entering into a new world - a world without the love of my life, a world that is already much dimmer and with less vitality than before. I know that there will be difficult times ahead to somehow reinvent myself into being just Mary - instead of being "Marty and Mary". I have already received aid and support from people I've met on this site, and am grateful for the friendships formed here.
Peace be with each of you -
Mary

Mary, I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my heart felt condolences.

Mary, I am so sorry to hear of Marty's passing. He sounds like he was a wonderful man. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary, I am so sorry to hear of Marty's passing. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

Sorry to hear of your loss Mary. Peace be with you. Jen

so sorry for your loss keep good memories of him

Mary, I am so very sorry and shocked. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are here for you in your grief. Please feel free to call on us.

So sorry. My heartfelt condolences, Mary.

Dick

So sorry Mary - Marty sounds like a wonderful man who touched many lives

Mary,

I'm so very sorry. There are never adequate words to express how much we empathize.

Mary, I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you as you grieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back