Not open for further replies.

planningguy

Country
US
State
Wyoming
City
Sheridan
Just a quick sanity check for me. Lately on my wrists and hands (particularly my left one) I have had a sensation that feels a lot like something crawling on my skin. A couple of times its been bad enough that I've actually looked to see if their was something there.

Does anyone else get this? Does anyone know what causes it? Driving me nuts :-?

Take care,

Robert

Hi, Robert ... I get that, too, and it's distinct enough that I DO look to see if there's an ant or spider or my wrist.

I have heard of the name for it, but can't remember it now. I don't think it's related to any particular condition ... just one of those strange things our nerves and skin do for their own amusement.

I've had that on one spot on my back since I was in my late 30's. It drove me nuts at first, I'd run and try to see in the mirror. BTW when I had shingles, years prior to this, they were not even near this location. Then, some woman I worked with said it was a sign of approaching menopause (thought you'd like that, Robert!) and I thought, just great, here I am not even 40 and I'm going into menopause. ... wasn't that either, still not there, if anyone cares LOL So.... don't know what it is, I agree its amazingly distracting, and I don't think you're on the cusp of menopause ~ that is a certainty :p

LOL I guess I am not going through menopause because I have never had this happen to me! Guess it is not my time yet. ....LOL.

I am pretty sure junkies suffer from that.....;)

Its so odd.... Robert doesn't seem like a menopausal junkie.... I guess he had us all fooled 8)

A menopausal junkie! That literally made me laugh out loud! Good one, Rose. :D

Thank you for all the laughs. :-D

Rose - We'll have to file menopausal junkie as an alternative to pinched nerve syndrome.

You all are great!

Take care,

Robert

If you are feeling spiders walking across your skin , then YES , I get that too . I get it right in the middle of my shoulder blades. Yes , I have looked in a mirror , even had my wife look .

And NO , I am not menopausal. I have PMS - Post Motorcycle Syndrome.

The subject interested me enough to do a bit of research, Robert. It is indeed due to menopause. Sorry buddy, you won't be bearing any more kids. There is always adoption though, so keep your chin up. We're all here for you during this difficult time. :smile:

In all seriousness: it just sounds like irritated sensory nerves causing a weird paresthesia, which is obviously part of what is happening to you. It sounds annoying but certainly doesn't sound like anything alarming.

Glen - After my brother was injured I think what drove him nuts the most was not being able to ride his motorcycle. He's in NC so he gets some great riding weather. Sometimes you see some dedicated folk here toughing it out after the first flakes fall.

Wright - Thank you for both answers. I guess I get to look forward to hot flashes next :)

Best wishes,

Robert

well robert, and all my other buddies,

I thought mine was menopause also, about 9 yrs ago, however..................

He's the cute little curly-haired baseball player in my photo album!

And to think, I was 40 when I had him!;)

I don't think menopausal junkies are bad at all!

cheers!:p:p

I can promise us dirt bike racers have all kinds of strange sensations - course we're half nuts anyway. :mrgreen:

I've had the same thing Robert.

Robert,

I was reading on a site that if you have low b-12 it can cause that parasethia feeling and alot of people who had low b 12 had the feeling that you describe. You do have low b 12, so that may be the cause.

~april

April , interesting that you say that. Looking back , it seems the frequency of these tingles has reduced since taking daily B12 tablets.

So , whatcha got for Post Motorcycle Syndrome ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back